Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

He was awful. He struggled against League 2 opposition, and when he got some space for a shot they were VERY far from goal.

This is the pass you’re giving him credit for in the build up to Sanson’s goal. 

HaoIooQ.md.jpg

His shooting was awful. I think his play was decent and nobody else was doing much around him. It's a team sport and he didn't have much to work with. He and Sanson were the two who did the best from the team. 

Bailey was worse than anyone and was one of the best against Leeds. It was just one game. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Coutinho breaking down a low block with all those Riquelme style through balls he's done since he's been here.

How many low block teams under Emery (not Gerrard) have we played. I think in the league only Wolves played a low block to defend their lead. Lots of games to come 

I don’t know how much help he’s going to be against a low block. The only times he’s performed well in a Villa shirt has been against Leeds in the very beginning in the open game they play and some good isolations against a stretched City back line. It’s a year later and I just don’t think he has the legs to beat his man 1v1, is not going to just fight through a crowded box, his passing has never been great in a crowd, and his shooting….well.

But maybe if Unai can get him isolated on a weak defender, there still might be something there?

I don’t think we can get rid in this window so just have to back him and see. Think he will be relegated to sub appearances unless our injury woes worsen. 

Edited by DJBOB

10 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

His shooting was awful. I think his play was decent and nobody else was doing much around him. It's a team sport and he didn't have much to work with. He and Sanson were the two who did the best from the team. 

Bailey was worse than anyone and was one of the best against Leeds. It was just one game. 

Bailey has been mostly shit since we signed him. There’s probably a good debate to be had about whether him of Phil are having the most bad games. 

Bailey took his goal well against Leeds but also messed up a lot of promising attacks by holding the ball too long. It happens over and over and over. 

Edited by Genie

28 minutes ago, Adman said:

Really struggling to stay positive about his role here ☹️

This. He did almost nothing right in his cameo today when we needed him to be a composed, steady hand to help us see out the game. If we do get a decent offer for him, it'd be hard to justify keeping him around with the wages he's on. 

Not a good cameo today but I don't think it was the right decision to bring him on at that stage in the game. Thought he did well when he came on against Leeds and I'm still hopeful he can play a part under Unai.

Â