Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

Just now, STO said:

Wonderful signing.  Gives us a media darling.  Hope we have another couple at the club over the summer. 

Somehow i think not. Even when he plays well it will be that hes not as good as he once was.  Just as well i do not give a shit about the media. 

Just now, tomav84 said:

even more recently we were signing borja **** baston

was just 2 years ago

those that are against this signing, what would a 2020 you have said if you were told we'd sign coutinho in 2 years time?

Give me your drug dealers number, you must be on the best drugs ever ? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Are you able to explain how? Google hasn't offered me any help on this question...

even if a club doesnt have a player at their club, they can sign them at any time, they just cant physically register them, until the registration window opens.

As he is on loan, we can sign him, but when his loan ends that will then become permanent from the pre transfer agreement.

the window doesnt stop you from buying players outside it, it just stops you physically registering them until the registration period opens.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Adman said:

Unbelievable signing if true

Ings/Watkins

Coutinho.                            Buendia

Sort the midfield out with a new CDM and push Luiz into an 8 role and we're winning the league. 

Gonna need a hitman to replace ings we need to start rolling the dice now and getting deadly finishers inside villa park 

1 hour ago, Pissflaps said:

Remember when we signed Tom Carrol or Baston?

This is a bit different it's fair to say.

i will see your Carroll & Baston, and raise you Drinkwater and Moreira......

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, tomav84 said:

even more recently we were signing borja **** baston

was just 2 years ago

those that are against this signing, what would a 2020 you have said if you were told we'd sign coutinho in 2 years time?

Thats a made up name 😛 , show me some proof he played :D 

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Jordan Bowery was on the scoresheet the other day.

I haven't been able to find the spinning chair gif for years 

You know you are a superstar when you spinning in a wheelchair is your claim to fame. Not 20 Premier League goaless games 

Though was one game Bowery played really well and we won.... Still a bizarre signing 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

You know you are a superstar when you spinning in a wheelchair is your claim to fame. Not 20 Premier League goaless games 

Though was one game Bowery played really well and we won.... Still a bizarre signing 

I feel like Bowery really encapsulates how much player recruitment has changed since. There is no way a signing like that would go through for any PL club nowadays. We genuinely signed a league 2 caliber player and gave him 20 matches, as evidenced by the fact that he could not gain regular game time for any of his next clubs until he dropped all the way back down to league 2. I think the rumour was that Lambert was friends with his father? 

Tonev was another one. I wouldn't have been surprised if we signed him purely on the basis of Petrov's account who had 0 actual credibility as a scout himself. And this is only a couple years ago. In the past there are various stories of even big clubs signing players based purely on the good word of someone else, who may not even have worked for the club. The lack of due diligence that some signings have clearly been made with is utterly astounding.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

Â