Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

21 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

2 year contract, option to extend to 3 years. 150k a week. Getting into Europe bonus. Job done.

No way he’d accept that.  I don’t even know why we are quibbling he’s arguably the most talented player at the club and getting judged because the whole squad has been playing poorly but his stats are still good.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

No way he’d accept that.  I don’t even know why we are quibbling he’s arguably the most talented player at the club and getting judged because the whole squad has been playing poorly but his stats are still good.

Your stats can be good but if you watch the game its the overall impact you see. He is mainly a passenger and while I 100% agree he needs better players around him to be his best (allow him to be a passenger) as our most well paid player you would want him to impact (not saying win) games on his own. 

• Like 1

Well, according to a few people many pages back who answered my question on what "option to buy" meant, all contracts have already been agreed. We literally just have to pay the money in the initial agreement with Barca. (I completely disagree with this, but they were adamant).

I would rather we focus on developing Buendia and let Coutinho go elsewhere, I think we'll sign him though as a Gerrard vanity project. (Vanity project is probably the wrong phrase, but I can't think of the right one).

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

Us thumbing our noses at a world class player is more like VT vanity

I absolutely want to sign him but I do think if we do we need to build around him, which is a slippery slope. Watch Liverpool and city and every player in every position is working from 0-90 minutes. Coutinho doesn’t have the legs for it from what I’ve seen. So if we’re going to give him the left forward role we need to overcompensate for him. I do think if Digne was able to get a run of games together with him they could gel quite well down the left. When young plays there’s not really any overlap on the left side and I think thats having an impact on our creativity. 

Edited by IrishVilla10
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

Us thumbing our noses at a world class player is more like VT vanity

World class player who is 30 before the start of next season that will cost upwards of 30 mill in transfer fee and 150k a week over a 4 - 5 year contract.

I'm not thumbing my nose at him just questioning whether it's value for money considering the state of the squad as a whole.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

World class player who is 30 before the start of next season that will cost upwards of 30 mill in transfer fee and 150k a week over a 4 - 5 year contract.

I'm not thumbing my nose at him just questioning whether it's value for money considering the state of the squad as a whole.

Is he asking for a 4-5 year contract? I think a 3 year contract is fair.

1 hour ago, IrishVilla10 said:

I absolutely want to sign him but I do think if we do we need to build around him, which is a slippery slope. Watch Liverpool and city and every player in every position is working from 0-90 minutes. Coutinho doesn’t have the legs for it from what I’ve seen. So if we’re going to give him the left forward role we need to overcompensate for him. 

This is absolutely spot on for me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AshVilla said:

Fair enough tbh and I was being a bit sarcastic in my original comment. 

2 hours ago, IrishVilla10 said:

I absolutely want to sign him but I do think if we do we need to build around him, which is a slippery slope. Watch Liverpool and city and every player in every position is working from 0-90 minutes. Coutinho doesn’t have the legs for it from what I’ve seen. So if we’re going to give him the left forward role we need to overcompensate for him. I do think if Digne was able to get a run of games together with him they could gel quite well down the left. When young plays there’s not really any overlap on the left side and I think thats having an impact on our creativity. 

I think with improvements to our midfield we wouldn't have to build around him. Imo he would be a threat on the pitch for us without us having to utilize him constantly. I think we could get him working well with Buendia for example giving us options.

He is a potential game-changer and those are both hard to come by and necessary to edge some games. It's a luxury we had with Grealish and now with Coutinho. We should absolutely look to have these sorts of players in our team if we want to progress imo.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Hope the deal goes through and the move is permanent. There was talk when he signed on loan that agreements had already been made to make the move permanent anyway so it would make sense. 

He came to Villa - not a move based on moolah - that he would now go somewhere else purely for coin is just ignoring facts. 

• Like 1

Â