Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

Has there been anything solid on how much of his salary we'll be picking up? I know 50% has been the figure suggested (possibly by me) in the thread but do we have anything not just pulled out of thin air.

15 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

So positionally he prefers the middle of the park however he can play left and right side...

How do we line up when all players are fit?

Watkins 

Coutinho       Buendia

McGinn           Luiz/Ramsey 

New DM?

Presumably the FB positions need to really help out midfield with this?

Yeah. It's very narrow that.

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

why is everyone saying we are discussing a buy option, if its an 18 month loan that takes him to the end of his contract!?

Not a buy option, an option to get Coutinho to sign a permanent contract with Villa when his Barca contract expires. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

why is everyone saying we are discussing a buy option, if its an 18 month loan that takes him to the end of his contract!?

I'd certainly prefer a buy option, we'd get to renegotiate his wage and put in a three year deal.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'd certainly prefer a buy option, we'd get to renegotiate his wage and put in a three year deal.

The key is that Villa gets the option to force Coutinho to sign permanently at the end of 18 months rather than let his agents do the rounds with a free agent that just scored 20 goals  and 25 assists in the previous season and a half

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

The key is that Villa gets the option to force Coutinho to sign permanently at the end of 18 months rather than let his agents do the rounds with a free agent that just scored 20 goals  and 25 assists in the previous season and a half

I'm genuinely a bit lost, will we negotiate a perm contract with him after 12 months? 

Edited by MSvillain

Â