Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

6 hours ago, Kingman said:

More chance of getting a Cortina 

Which ironically was the car that eventually spawned the Mondeo and we all know what motor Dr Tony used for his epic managerial shopping trip. I think you have inadvertently given a huge clue to our future. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

That wasnt the question though was of a player with such a reputation ever signed. Pires had a bigger reputation, Schmeichel another one

The question was reputation or stature. I believe that a player's stature in football diminishes with age and as they leave their prime as a player. To me Coutinho would be a far more impressive signing to our signing of Pires

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

VT users used to be succinct back then. The modern Villa fan likes to post the same comment in 20 different ways. 

Or attempt to put the same message over in 20 ways, each one different from the last. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Being 51 deffo more chance of wetting me pants I think 

9 minutes ago, The Moustache of Teale said:

I’m 52 so I’d most likely join you…

9 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I am 53 and was thinking (hoping) I had already shot my both, I now realise I just wet myself 😪

I thought the modern, new age 50 and above year old man was now a suave, in shape , " silver fox " sugar daddy on yachts with half naked models in Dubai type.

You lot are basically now telling me that in circa 10 years, all I'll have to look forward to is randomly pissing myself? 🤔🙄

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

It would be the same profit, though?

Profit = transfer out fee - (transfer in fee + total wages)

not… transfer out fee - transfer in fee

Profit does not take into account wages, it is based on transfer fee. In the accounting year we sell the player we would make a bigger accounting profit on the free transfer player. Obviously, over the course of the contract we would have increased operational costs due to higher wages but these are in different accounting years. From an FFP perspective, it would give us greater future spending power making more profit on the player sale

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I thought the modern, new age 50 and above year old man was now a suave, in shape , " silver fox " suga daddy on yachts with half naked models in Dubai type.

You lot are basically now telling me that in circa 10 years, all I'll have to look forward to is randomly pissing myself? 🤔🙄

If ya lucky

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I thought the modern 50 and above year old man was now suave, in shape , " silver fox " sugar daddies on yachts with half naked models in Dubai.

its not so much random, it is happens about every half hour 😄

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

Or attempt to put the same message over in 20 ways, each one different from the last. 

Or the message, whilst appearing to be different, is in effect the same message repeated over 19 times. 

55 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Just thinking about that assertion. Could the 'for 30 years' be changed to 'ever'?

Haha - probably - I'm just being lazy and going back as far as I can remember 😁 

Presume we had some big signings in the 70s/80s?

Â