Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It was so why give the guy time right ? Obviously he is going to fail.

About 99% of managers in the world will fail, its the speed and manner of it

I just dont see his CV as impressive if his name wasn't Steven Gerrard 

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Because it’s obviously personal. 

Is it ?

I realise you like him - thats fine.

But Ive had thought anyone questioning whether or not he can manage in one of the toughest leagues in the world isn't unreasonable. Especially has he hasn't managed in this league before. 

5 minutes ago, hippo said:

Is it ?

I realise you like him - thats fine.

But Ive had thought anyone questioning whether or not he can manage in one of the toughest leagues in the world isn't unreasonable. Especially has he hasn't managed in this league before. 

Questioning it is one thing. Hoping he fails is another.

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Questioning it is one thing. Hoping he fails is another.

With respect you opening post was something like:-

"but if anybody has already started saying he is a poor manager its best to ignore them."

21 minutes ago, Zatman said:

His CV was also questioned before he joined 

Seem to recall he was called a “rookie”.

That would be the sort of rookie who can attract Coutinho to the club and get him playing sublime attacking football with Ramsey.

Ah yes, the sort of rookie.

• Like 2

His management is definitely more Rafa than Rodgers.

Definitely skewing towards we've got a goal let's soak it up drop 10 yards and try and catch them...but instead of trying to catch them but we just stay sat in . No runners. No breakneck transitions.

I think Gerrard will need to rethink things. Its happened several times now. Rhythm and attacking output have died a death.

I would even say it is Brucesque in that regard. Though I can actually see what Gerrard is trying to actually implement.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

I would say Leeds are probably the easiest team to study and play in the league. They dont change system and we played into there hands

Newcastle have taken 4 points from them

Definitely them...or... Steven Gerrard's Christmas tree :flag:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m going to give him time, you aren’t. Is anything either of us say going to change that?

I am giving him time. I havent called for his head 😂

Any criticism or praise he has received from me has been fair. Its wrong just because he is a new manager that we cannot nitpick

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Wasn't the plan, widely embraced by most fans, to eventually get back to a place where we could compete for and actually get top players again?

From the moaning of some, I gather they miss the good old days of signing " prospects" like Trez, Wesley, Engels and the top of the Championship etc. Lol

If the argument is that we should be targeting the best young players in Europe, they need to to realise these usually go to the TOP clubs in Europe.

We've invested heavily in our youth setup to supplement.

At the stage we are at, we can go for the level or 2 under world class, and world class who have lost their way a bit 

There is no pleasing some.

some of our fans talk like they're expecting 100% win record or we're shit. it's just removed from reality and OTT, but let them have their moan. it's probably why they follow the sport.

personally I think that, mistakes aside, last night's game was a bloody rush of entertainment! I came away from it slightly disappointed that we couldn't get a win, but also with a feeling of "well damn, that was an exhilarating game of football".

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I am giving him time. I havent called for his head 😂

Any criticism or praise he has received from me has been fair. Its wrong just because he is a new manager that we cannot nitpick

not sure about fairness in conjecture 😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hippo said:

Can I ask why anyone who thinks Stevie G isn't going to cut it here should be ignored ? 

Because we watch the games and see a clear identity to how we play, we haven’t scored many from open play this season last night we scored all 3 ,  we cut out the defensive errors and we climb up the table, some new signings in the summer we hopefully cut those errors. How can Steven Gerrard stop Dan James beating a 6ft4 defender in the air? How can he stop the third goal? Does he run on the pitch and shove Martinez to claim the ball or does he run across Tyrone Mings and boot it into row Z? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Because we watch the games and see a clear identity to how we play, we haven’t scored many from open play this season last night we scored all 3 ,  we cut out the defensive errors and we climb up the table, some new signings in the summer we hopefully cut those errors. How can Steven Gerrard stop Dan James beating a 6ft4 defender in the air? How can he stop the third goal? Does he run on the pitch and shove Martinez to claim the ball or does he run across Tyrone Mings and boot it into row Z? 

The point I was responding to was that anyone questioning Stevie G's managerial competence should be ignored. 

Â