Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

On 29/05/2023 at 11:09, VillaChris said:

My hunch always was he had a go at Mings in changing room after that match and decided there and then to take the captaincy off and then out of spite didn't announce it until a week before the season so that's where bad feeling would linger.

Just look at how much passing the blame he did in the press, dread to think how much he did in the dressing room.

There was that one leak as well where he called out MacPhee after one game. In his mind he was the only one not at fault.

Terrifying to think how many players we'd have lost for a fraction of their value if he'd been backed through another couple of windows. 😬

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Dale said:

Terrifying to think how many players we'd have lost for a fraction of their value if he'd been backed through another couple of windows. 😬

Mings and Buendia in the summer probably. Luiz in January.

18 minutes ago, useless said:

Sun saying he's got a good chance of getting Leicester job.

shame they went down then. would've been an easy 6pts

• Like 1

He did do ok at Rangers, were Celtic not on course to win their 10 in a row title that year?  What he did worked in Scotland, but you're talking about league 1/lower championship level players, he can play the "big I am" to that level of players, you can't do that to a dressing room full of international and premier league level players, especially some of whom are actually intelligent humans.

Is obvious he and his team were not of the required level to manage a prem team yet.  None of them seem to have the modesty required and none of them have the tactical knowledge.  You can't have one without the other in this league, you'll get found out quickly, and they did.

In early interviews he seemed very complimentary towards villa and their history/heritage.  That now only seems like platitudes because we were giving him loads of money.

The one thing I'll give him credit for is the redesign of the home dressing room is much better :lol:

• Like 1

Tim Sherwood recently talking about Remi Garde following him said that the worst thing is when the guy coming after you does better than you. He was relieved it didn't happen. I'm hope Stevie G has been quietly seething for the last 8 months, because his successor didn't just do well, he knocked the ball out of the park.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Tim Sherwood recently talking about Remi Garde following him said that the worst thing is when the guy coming after you does better than you. He was relieved it didn't happen. I'm hope Stevie G has been quietly seething for the last 8 months, because his successor didn't just do well, he knocked the ball out of the park.

I genuinely do not understand the mentality of football fans.

Gerrard came, tried to do a good job, failed.  We moved on.  Why would someone want him to have been miserable for 8 months?  It's bizarre.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Tim Sherwood recently talking about Remi Garde following him said that the worst thing is when the guy coming after you does better than you. He was relieved it didn't happen. 

For some reason, my failing memory was convinced that Remi Garde was before Sherwood. Mind slightly blown. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Does it really need to be answered? Guy is a grade A clearing in the woods who hangs out with Kinahan cartel gangsters in his spare time and really had little to no interest in Aston Villa and tried to make a mockery of a good man in public like he did with Mings

Never mind his childish bitterness when we played Liverpool at Christmas

Least surprising response ever on this forum :D 

Name something you like about Liverpool or any related Liverpool player...!

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Least surprising response ever on this forum :D 

Name something you like about Liverpool or any related Liverpool player...!

Great way of deflecting a point away from the argument. 

Just now, Zatman said:

Great way of deflecting a point away from the argument. 

There's not really an argument!  I find it utterly bizarre that people channel so much hate into a sport.

(...and as predicted, you had nothing ;))

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

There's not really an argument!  I find it utterly bizarre that people channel so much hate into a sport.

(...and as predicted, you had nothing ;))

A man willingly hanging out with the Kinahan cartel while Villa manager is nothing?

Â