Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

It's evident he's done. We're just waiting for the confirmation.

There are no stats, no record, no measurable data that backs him being successful. The only thing he has is his name and the weight it holds from his playing career, which doesn't outweigh the other problems. As such, he's done. It's just a matter of it being put in black and white.

3 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I don't understand this logic (not yours btw). What's going to change if he beats Fulham? If he needs this game or any one game to save his job, might as well just sack him already.

I wholeheartedly agree with you. I guess in their minds they just want to ensure they ahve given him enough time to turn ut around.

As you say even if he beats fulham i doubt it will get any better so its pointless. He should have been sacked sunday evening with calls gojng in for a replacement for brentford game

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s like when you’re leaving a company and working your notice period. You’ll do your job and act professional but you don’t really give a shit. That’s how it is keeping Gerrard around for anymore games.

This good have a negative effect on next two games.  Are the players gonna fight for Stevie G or will heads be down?

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I wholeheartedly agree with you. I guess in their minds they just want to ensure they ahve given him enough time to turn ut around.

As you say even if he beats fulham i doubt it will get any better so its pointless. He should have been sacked sunday evening with calls gojng in for a replacement for brentford game

I agree as well. It's just daft having such a disclaimer over a managers employment. You either believe in him or you don't. Going game to game is just counter productive. 

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

This good have a negative effect on next two games.  Are the players gonna fight for Stevie G or will heads be down?

Exactly. I’m sure the players will give it their all but how does a manager inspire them when he’s on borrowed time?

Both he and McAllister will be gone. Critchleys picking the next team.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Just now, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

I’m trying to identify a genuine highlight of Gerrard’s reign. I cannot think of one. 
The closest is probably the draw with City this season?

The two games against Southampton and Leeds where we battered them both back to back, and even someone as cynical as me thought he might be turning a corner.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

The two games against Southampton and Leeds where we battered them both back to back, and even someone as cynical as me thought he might be turning a corner.

Ah yes the Southampton game was brilliant, and that first half against Leeds was genuinely the best football we’ve played in years. Good shout.

11 minutes ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

Ah yes the Southampton game was brilliant, and that first half against Leeds was genuinely the best football we’ve played in years. Good shout.

10 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Really enjoyed the comeback against United. 

4 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Indeed, thought Sanson had a good game as well that day, wonder if the two are linked 

Look at you all getting sentimental over Stevie G 🤣

• Haha 1

Â