Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

Folks, it's all OK. I woke up this morning and watched this compilation of Gerrards mates and we are playing OK apparently. Everything is fine, and he needs time. Time. Time. Time. Time..................

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

Folks, it's all OK. I woke up this morning and watched this compilation of Gerrards mates and we are playing OK apparently. Everything is fine, and he needs time. Time. Time. Time. Time..................

I mean most people I've spoke with (including a Wolves fan) think we deserved something from the game. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, nick76 said:

We say it every week but he continues to survive, it’s like that cough after a cold that doesn’t go away, just lingers longer than it should.  You know it will go eventually but you just don’t know when but it’s never when you want it to and it’s irritating as hell.

I agree but we was expected to lose to chelsea. Fulham is a different story.

If we sack him i think poch would havw the same impact as howe has had at Newcastle 

Purslow looked fed up so in sure the end is near.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

I mean most people I've spoke with (including a Wolves fan) think we deserved something from the game. 

It's not about one game in isolation though is it? We played well against City and drew, the next 3 matches we reverted back to our turgid self, we had a good half against Chelsea and still lost, we've had pretty much the easiest start to a season based on opposition and we've ballsed it up totally so there's no room for playing well but losing anymore, we need wins and he's proven that he just can't deliver them

14 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

He saw the highlights at best

The thing being he then bigs up Potter for realising Chelsea were poor in the first half and making 2 subs that killed the game at half time

I can get that the first half wasn't all Chelsea being shit, we were good, but that says it all, Chelsea made a change at half time that meant we didn't have a sniff second half, they nullified us while being in 2nd gear, Potter out managed him

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

He saw the highlights at best

The thing being he then bigs up Potter for realising Chelsea were poor in the first half and making 2 subs that killed the game at half time

I can get that the first half wasn't all Chelsea being shit, we were good, but that says it all, Chelsea made a change at half time that meant we didn't have a sniff second half, they nullified us while being in 2nd gear, Potter out managed him

Most managers out manage him.

19 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

well... we conceded 2 soft goals through individual mistakes. If you do that, it's hard to argue we would have scored 2 to get a point. We didn't even score once (yet again) and for last 30 mins looked the usual useless Villa. 

So I think this was a fair score. 

The mistakes were there with smith too.

Im sorry but we need an upgrade on mings. He makes these kind of errors 3-4 times a season and its not good enough. But onto gerrard zero progress has been made. This is his team now. He has been a collosal failure.

I don't think he will be sacked unless we are dead last or something. It is becoming increasingly more clear that the board trusts him to turn this around, and if nothing else they'll stick by him until his latest signings are back in action. I think the reasoning is, 'he got us 14th with this squad last season, and his signings will help as soon as they are back".

I also think that indications are that the players like him, otherwise the board would have acted IMO. I don't think there is much chance of them keeping him if he loses the dressing room, so that could be the other trigger in addition to the one I mention above for him to be sent packing. I know we like to specultae that they hate him or that he has divided the dressing room, but I think he would be gone if that was the case.

Yeah, I might be proven wrong real soon, and he might be gone within the week, but I doubt that. Sorry guys, but that is my take on the situation.

1 minute ago, daft said:

'he got us 14th with this squad last season, and his signings will help as soon as they are back".

Frankly that is reason enough to sever ties

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AvonVillain said:

What an odd way to put a stat. So in other words, this is Villa's second worse start to a PL season.

If you exclude all of the seasons when we had more points, this is actually Villa’s best ever start to a PL season!

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Haha 4

I'm not sure why there is so much talk on here about 1 half, in 1 game, that we lost. 

It isn't about 1 half or 1 game. It's about the fact, a year down the line, we are in a worst position than when he came in. 

It might only be a 'point' in terms of League position, but the good feeling around the club is diminishing alarmingly fast - the way the stadium was basically empty by FT on Sunday was sad to see, players are woefully out of form yet still being played, others are being 'frozen' out, there is no style of play, we've had our 'easy' run so to speak and managed a pathetic tally of points and goals, the list goes on. 

I just don't see how you can trot out the spiel they did when Smith got the bullet, yet sit on your hands, pretending it will all be alright, when the exact same thing is happening but worse IMO for the points stated above. 

• Like 1

Â