Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

9 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I want Gerrard to succeed. I think there’s some on here who don’t want him to succeed.

He might with another club, so you might be okay. Here, no chance, we are, an we're always, much to big for him.

I think it's been proved time and time again, we are not a club to come to and learn your trade. Purslow take note! 

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

He might with another club, so you might be okay. Here, no chance, we are, an we're always, much to big for him.

I think it's been proved time and time again, we are not a club to come to and learn your trade. Purslow take note! 

Not sure it’s too big for him. After all he was at Rangers who are a huge club. Supposedly we were too big for Dean Smith as well .

1 hour ago, IrishVilla10 said:

That's not even true though its it, he's made lots of changes outwith the front 3. But let's not let the facts get in the way of having a dig. Quite a few people seem to struggle with those on here anyway.

Edited by smokingzen
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, YLN said:

Steven Gerrard has bought himself time by becoming Fat Sam and deserves praise on that basis...

We haven't just been promoted. We finished 11th the season before he arrived.

It's clearer with every passing day that Dean Smith was sacked so prematurely because Purslow wanted to get in his pal as manager. He couldn't wait to swing the axe. Gremlin

Is that simplistic comparison the best you can do?

Well last season we were only 4 points away from 11th, and this season we're currently one point away from 11th so what's your problem if that's your benchmark?

I'm sure it's clear in your mind, but it's not really clear how much what's in your mind correlates with reality.

18 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

We can blame Gerrard. 

He’s stumbled onto a system that actually works after 10 games of a season. A system that requires wingers. And we have none because he decided to get rid of them other than 1. 

So if he messes up it's his fault,  but if he's successful it's luck and he's "stumbled" into it.

We have several players who are wingers.

We'll there's certainly no disputing your bias and that all roads lead to the same predetermined conclusion is there!

He is shit, just look at potter today, he seen the trouble they was in at half time made 2 subs, did 4 before they even scored the 2nd, all I’ve seen him do today is stand there on the touchline, the difference is staggering

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, smokingzen said:

So if he messes up it's his fault,  but if he's successful it's luck and he's "stumbled" into it.

We have several players who are wingers.

We'll there's certainly no disputing your bias and that all roads lead to the same predetermined conclusion is there!

Who is a winger? 

it’s not normal for a PL manager to play many different forward lines, systems, captains etc just to find the best one. 

Â