Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

Just now, Davkaus said:

I'm genuinely worried about our future at the moment. Loss after loss, and a potential catastrophic defeat at the weekend. Morale is going to be rock bottom. 

Yep, only a serious managerial appointment will sort things out this time. I think the time for experiments is coming to an end.

We have to make a change NOW, else risk doing unrepairable damage if we lose our next three games. I seriously fear for the team against City, who are very capable of putting 6/7 past us. If we don't act quickly then we can kiss goodbye to the Premier League. 

3 minutes ago, kevpants said:

Remember when his legs went as a player and he was going to drop back into a quarterback type role and dictate the play? Remember how shit he was?

That was because he was tactically inept and couldn’t read the game.

He was a blood and thunder, driving run, 30 yard screamer player. He never understood the game. He was never going to be a top manager. 

💯

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'm genuinely worried about our future at the moment. Loss after loss, and a potential catastrophic defeat at the weekend. Morale is going to be rock bottom. 

Yes but tickets are still available  to watch this season's champions live at Villa Park!

1 minute ago, Khizzy said:

We have to make a change NOW, else risk doing unrepairable damage if we lose our next three games. I seriously fear for the team against City, who are very capable of putting 6/7 past us. If we don't act quickly then we can kiss goodbye to the Premier League. 

We really needed it done at least a week ago.  Whoever would take over will have his hands tied by having no wingers and if Doug leaves, no real midfield options.  We just can't get enough done in the next 24 hours to avoid a relegation battle imo.  I can just feel another year of being a Villa fan pissed up the wall.

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Shocking said nothing on MOtD about Gerrard or us being botton of the table, just that we looked better from the weekend, the bias is unreal. Didn't even ask Danny Murphy a question about us.

Exactly ..Ten Hag after 2 games was getting analysed and judged ..this plonker is getting away Scot free with being hopeless.

6 minutes ago, kevpants said:

Remember when his legs went as a player and he was going to drop back into a quarterback type role and dictate the play? Remember how shit he was?

That was because he was tactically inept and couldn’t read the game.

He was a blood and thunder, driving run, 30 yard screamer player. He never understood the game. He was never going to be a top manager. 

Was thinking the same a few days ago, you are dead right when he played in a more tactically-aware position he was shite and was one of the reasons England ended up on the early plane back from Brazil in 2014 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Yes but tickets are still available  to watch this season's champions live at Villa Park!

Didn't realise that. None too close to the dugout, so I'm going to spend tomorrow morning measuring how far I can lob a cabbage

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nabby said:

Exactly ..Ten Hag after 2 games was getting analysed and judged ..this plonker is getting away Scot free with being hopeless.

As sad as it sounds we just arent box office. We make up the numbers.  Its expected from a team that hasnt finkshed top 10 in 13 years. 

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

We really needed it done at least a week ago.  Whoever would take over will have his hands tied by having no wingers and if Doug leaves, no real midfield options.  We just can't get enough done in the next 24 hours to avoid a relegation battle imo.  I can just feel another year of being a Villa fan pissed up the wall.

I agree. I just think the change just needs to be made with no further delays because our season is already in tatters. I'd rather see someone bring in some fresh ideas over seeing Slippy G stand clueless on the touchline. We have a good squad, the players are just not being utilised correctly. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Khizzy said:

I agree. I just think the change just needs to be made with no further delays because our season is already in tatters. I'd rather see someone bring in some fresh ideas over seeing Slippy G stand clueless on the touchline. We have a good squad, the players are just not being utilised correctly. 

Yep. Any further delay just makes things more toxic. The downsides to being officially managerless for a week or two are far far outweighed by the damage Gerrard is doing every single day. Hell you could put Ashley Young in temporary charge until the new manager comes in and it'd be a much better option.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 2

NSWE have a lot to answer for in this whole mess. They employed Gerrard and are now delaying sacking him while things get worse. They have hardly invested in this transfer window yet expect European qualification. All they have done since taking us over is got us promoted via the play offs (something that Xia almost achieved) and produce some fancy drawings of what VP could look like if it were to be improved. We are no better off than we were 4 seasons ago when we first came up in terms of performances, results and league position!

Â