Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

That Percy article is confusing , untill the last Paragraph it would all point to him being sacked then it goes on to say no desire to replace him..

The only desire not to replace him comes from Purslow who should also be shown the door for SG appointment and the **** of a transfer policy post Jack 

2 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

The fact that it’s written by Percy, probably the only genuine ITK regarding us, is all the more damming. I’m not saying the club approved it but I doubt Percy would want to upset the hierarchy too much. When trusted journalists write articles as critical as this one, it’s fair to say the end is near. Perhaps not as near as we’d like but close enough. Vote of confidence time?

I agree. Come here to write the very same thing. Percy has either been tipped to write this or he’s taking a very big risk in being one of the go to Journalists. 

Our situation stinks. 

Edited by Delphinho123
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Is Percy saying Gerrard has up to the Southampton game to keep his job? 🤔

I’d say so yes, but although almost inevitable that we lose the next two, I think the manner of the defeats may have a baring as to if he lasts that long. 

The article is a little worrying...

It seems as though we are happy to take a hit and a beating in the next two games just for Gerrard to miraculously get a flukey win against Leicester to save his skin.

The damage is done and is continuing to be done on a daily basis so it seems with Bailey making noises. Who next?

17 minutes ago, ccfcman said:

For fans who were in VP Saturday - did it feel like the whole ground was jeering and booing at FT?

It came across on tv like everyone was in unison. 

It wasn’t the whole ground, not anywhere near it. Most people were just grumbling and pissed off. But it was a sizeable amount and I’d say it was more aimed at Gerrard than the players.

I wonder if they turned the mics up for the tv. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

The article is a little worrying...

It seems as though we are happy to take a hit and a beating in the next two games just for Gerrard to miraculously get a flukey win against Leicester to save his skin.

The damage is done and is continuing to be done on a daily basis so it seems with Bailey making noises. Who next?

The atmosphere against city, if he’s still here is going to be toxic and it’s on sky so they can’t ignore it

22 minutes ago, ccfcman said:

For fans who were in VP Saturday - did it feel like the whole ground was jeering and booing at FT?

It came across on tv like everyone was in unison. 

the loudest i've ever heard at VP

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Nabby said:

That Percy article is confusing , untill the last Paragraph it would all point to him being sacked then it goes on to say no desire to replace him..

The only desire not to replace him comes from Purslow who should also be shown the door for SG appointment and the **** of a transfer policy post Jack 

Maybe he’s written it on the basis of multiple sources. Players/ staff then his own observations and then the Purslow slant re a few more games and deserving more time. 

Ok. Who’s on the phone to talkSPORT now saying that Gerrard should be given more time and that we need to remember where we’ve come from?

Why does where we’ve come from have anything to do with where we want to be?

The owners have a vision and aren’t tempering their ambitions because we used to be shitter than we are now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

Ok. Who’s on the phone to talkSPORT now saying that Gerrard should be given more time and that we need to remember where we’ve come from?

Why does where we’ve come from have anything to do with where we want to be?

The owners have a vision and aren’t tempering their ambitions because we used to be shitter than we are now.

We will be back down there if we keep Gerrard. 

I always take issue with the notion that a manager has until x game to turn it around. What then? Our form is so poor, but a win against Southampton and the counter resets at 0?

The club will take a holistic view, and I'd be very surprised if replacements aren't already being sounded out. Especially with the apparent unrest in the dressing room on top of results and fan pressure. A result against Leicester or Southampton won't be enough to save him. I mean, it wouldn't be the first time a manager gets the boot after a win. He's already gone - the club are just deciding when. 

Edited by Sam3773
  • Like 3

Â