Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

You know I’m not going to post nonsense because a lot of what I feel has already been posted. But it’s been nearly 6hrs since I got home from the match and I’m still angry. This can’t continue 

10 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

It was telling last season, early 2022, when there was a league break and Gerrard was happy to finally get time to work with the players on the training pitch. And when they returned, they were clearly worse.

The more time SG has had with the squad, the worse it has become. 

True those first 5 games were just reverting back to Deano’s 433 and playing a bit more cautious to stop the rot. Which worked following Dean’s persistence with the 3-5-2 to accommodate Ollie and Ings.

Edited by gwi1890

Watch the 28 Mins of this interview ,tells you all you need to know about Gerrard management style that he dont have a clue.

"Yeah Michael Beale yeah he knows so much about football it's, just incredible and he does all the training sessions he he takes out obviously the the important meetings also his team talks, yeah yeah all the set pieces all that kind of stuff all that tactics and stuff when you were. Obviously in every club they managed out also does talking and church assistant coach helps, actually with michael we felt him and stephen g they both are managers you know"

I don't imagine our average distance covered stat went up today.

Why hasn't he gone yet.

Given we will almost certainly lose to Arsenal and City, his record is set to be the worst ever in Villa history. 

Is it worth keeping him around to set that record? Is he at all likely to avoid setting that record if we keep him?

Edited by MrBlack

1 minute ago, messi11 said:

Watch the 28 Mins of this interview ,tells you all you need to know about Gerrard management style that he dont have a clue.

"Yeah Michael Beale yeah he knows so much about football it's, just incredible and he does all the training sessions he he takes out obviously the the important meetings also his team talks, yeah yeah all the set pieces all that kind of stuff all that tactics and stuff when you were. Obviously in every club they managed out also does talking and church assistant coach helps, actually with michael we felt him and stephen g they both are managers you know"

Gerrard gets paid 4.5m to hire old mates to do his job. Nice gig.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’m actually fairly confident he’s getting sacked in the next few days. For all his faults Purslow is experienced and he’s no idiot. There is nothing positive in holding on to him any longer.

Just now, mikeyp102 said:

Who knows, it’s all speculative. But that surely has to from Lange as DOF. I actually think the  Shakespeare appointment was more random, just seemed the complete opposite of a Smith coach. 

As for Terry, the fact he’s no longer a coach says a lot. I think he thought he was getting a manager role, it never came and his ego couldn’t cope. 

Delaney was sacked. Smith was sacked. ROK was sacked because they didn't have spectacular glamorous CVs. Simple as that.

Once again a Gerrard half-time team talk has a negative effect. He must be the least motivating person going and given how he seems happy to throw players under the bus, it’s no surprise at all.

As a player and a manager he has always known success, until he actually joined a club where success isn’t a given. He is failing and I don’t think he knows what to do as it’s a new experience for him.

17 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Whats the point of keeping him. I understand your angle of being the opposite but this is crap

Why should he stay? Name one positive

15 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Literally can't think of one positive...not one

The only  reason I can see to keep him in, would be that I wouldn’t want a new manager facing Arsenal and City as his first 2 games. Hopefully we are making moves now and once those games are over we appoint a new person. 

Â