Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

Comparing to Dean Smiths last season + 11 games of this season. Our form dipped after our bright start. Firstly from Barkley being injured and then Jack. It never recovered. So from the evidence available Gerrard is an improvement on Smith. 

image.thumb.png.06c30928d5a44306b53b836e5e3f2fe2.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I have to admit I am glad I’m optimistic about Gerrard. I couldn’t handle supporting us with the mindset he is the wrong man and is ultimately going to fail. It was like that under Bruce and I hated it. 

So I feel for the fans that feel the same way about Gerrard. It ain’t a nice experience.

Yep, I don’t like being on the opposite side these days.  I’m not pessimistic but I’m not optimistic either.  It sucks! I hate it!  I want to be really optimistic and excited like I was and the ownership and youth players coming through are exciting but on the pitch I’m meh/concerned!  Roll on the summer transfer window which is always fun!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Comparing to Dean Smiths last season + 11 games of this season. Our form dipped after our bright start. Firstly from Barkley being injured and then Jack. It never recovered. So from the evidence available Gerrard is an improvement on Smith. 

image.thumb.png.06c30928d5a44306b53b836e5e3f2fe2.png

Thanks for these, really does help to show that we are making progress, even if it's not immediately apparent. I think with a few good additions we'll do well next season

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BOF said:

Judging a manager who has not had a pre-season or a summer transfer window, yet has come in and improved results over a sustained period with the previous manager's personnel despite using a very different system not properly catered for by said personnel, is very Villa alright. I'll have more sympathy for negative commenters when the opinions acknowledge or allow for any extenuating circumstances rather than what I'm reading right now. Steeevie G's summer window should be fun to watch.

Too much controversial logic and fact based analysis in this post.

We've only gotten 2 points in the last 3 games after all, and that's relegation form.

Lol

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

We've only gotten 2 points in the last 3 games after all, and that's relegation form.

Lol

We have 2 wins in 10 games

Thats actually relegation form 😉

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Lol

So as long as it’s not relegation form, it’s all good? Ok!

Nobody is even using the last couple of games but over longer durations of form that pundits, commentators and analysts use.  If you think 23 points from the last 20 games is acceptable then fine, so be it!  

Even Gerrard said it’s not good enough just last night!  The man himself said it’s not good enough but people like me get sarcastic comments when I say the same thing.

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

We have 2 wins in 10 games

Thats actually relegation form 😉

Gerrard himself said it’s not good enough! Yet we say it and we are in the wrong 🙄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I have to admit I am glad I’m optimistic about Gerrard. I couldn’t handle supporting us with the mindset he is the wrong man and is ultimately going to fail. It was like that under Bruce and I hated it. 

So I feel for the fans that feel the same way about Gerrard. It ain’t a nice experience.

Right you are, it is shit.

I'm confident he will be better than Bruce.

Hopefully better than Smith as well.

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Not sure where you get your stats from,

But looking at our last 10 games, we have 4 wins, 3 draws and 3 losses.

2 wins 3 draws 5 losses

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Not sure where you get your stats from,

But looking at our last 10 games, we have 4 wins, 3 draws and 3 losses.

No wonder you are so positive you think we are doing so much better than we are in real results.

Just to add as I have made the comparison before and been criticised even though I think they are both similar bluffers. 

After Sunday and if we dont win at City then Gerrard will have managed the same amount of games and have an identical win record to Tim Sherwood with a superior squad

• Like 2

Â