Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Do you realise how weird the language is here, and how bad it looks? " His supporters ". You mean fans supporting the club we are all meant to be supporters of?

People are actually angry that people aren't on the bite off nose to spite face bandwagon where we trash the new manager constantly and as a biproduct the club.

You make it sound like some sort of far right organisation.

It seems the language gets more and more extreme each time which does more to expose the posters agendas, than " His supporters "

Nope, we are Aston Villa supporters and we will be. I would never criticise a player if they tried but if out of the depth I would say so like Bowery or Chris Herd and Gerrard is like this too

Is a section of fans who adored Steve Bruce and hated the last manager. Since Gerrard came in they have tried bang every drum that he is some superior upgrade. I am not including you in this club

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Nope, we are Aston Villa supporters and we will be. I would never criticise a player if they tried but if out of the depth I would say so like Bowery or Chris Herd and Gerrard is like this too

Is a section of fans who adored Steve Bruce and hated the last manager. Since Gerrard came in they have tried bang every drum that he is some superior upgrade. I am not including you in this club

He's a scouser who played for Liverpool - of course he's an upgrade !

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I actually wasn't claiming to know what they are thinking mate. If you re read, I was basically trying to suggest that maybe a large part of the doom and gloom could be down to mindset from the beginning.

Which filters through the fan base both online and in the stadium etc as obviously that's where the fans end up.

I'm sure you know about the clichés of negative and positive thinking etc  Whereas the attitude you approach certain things with can eventually cloud your judgement towards it all 

Don't get me wrong there are 1 or 2 here in Doha who aren't into Gerrard either, but guess what, under the surface, they'll admit that they are still bitter about losing Deano. 🤷🏿‍♀️

I don't get the outrage.

Gerrard knows he isn't overly popular with villa supporters he said so himself on his appointment.

Let it roll - season almost over and Aug 6 (pre season and a window) isn't far away. 

9 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If you re read, I was basically trying to suggest that maybe a large part of the doom and gloom could be down to mindset from the beginning.

but it could be just as simple as the football, the current form in 2022, the awful home form and largely unattractive football.   If it was better then mindset would be changed despite original mindset.  Even if it was original mindset and then it is re enforced with the football then it’s still Gerrard’s fault.

Gerrard needs time but jeez he needs to do so much better both in terms of points and performances consistently next season until then fans will be concerned.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, hippo said:

He's a scouser who played for Liverpool - of course he's an upgrade !

He could be an upgrade or could tank the first 8-10 games of next season and be fired. Judge him like any manager when he has a core of his own players in place. What he inherited obviously wasn’t/isn’t good enough… think we can all agree the team lacks the right mix in midfield especially. Other than having some personal vendetta or agenda don’t see based on 27 games how you can be so against Gerrard with nothing to actually back it up IMO. 

Edited by thabucks

8 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Are you really trying to defend someone by using the presidency of Donald Trump as an example of things working out? 😂😂😂

'Don't worry guys, he could turn out to be just like the worst president of all time' 😂😂

I mean, that all depends on what you want to extract from my post...

Your response is actually a great example of my reference to be honest.

You've made up something and run with it because it's probably been repeated so many times, even though it's non fact. Lol

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

What even is this?! I’ve only seen Gerrard compared to Bruce as a criticism, and one that is way way off the mark imo. They are nothing alike. Bruce had nothing tactically and by all accounts training was a joke. Gerrard (or his team) have a pretty clear tactical setup that they are trying to implement here, while the impression I get of training and match prep is that it’s much more detailed and high level that. It has been previously.

2 minutes ago, thabucks said:

He could be an upgrade or could tank the first 8-10 games of next season and be fired. Judge him like any manager when he has a core of his own players in place. What he inherited obviously wasn’t/isn’t good enough… think we can all agree the team lacks the right mix in midfield especially. Other than having some personal vendetta or agenda don’t see based on 27 games how you can be so against Gerrard with nothing to actually back it up IMO. 

As I've said Aug 6 is only a few weeks away.....tick tick...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tomsky_11 said:

What even is this?! I’ve only seen Gerrard compared to Bruce as a criticism, and one that is way way off the mark imo. They are nothing alike. Bruce had nothing tactically and by all accounts training was a joke. Gerrard (or his team) have a pretty clear tactical setup that they are trying to implement here, while the impression I get of training and match prep is that it’s much more detailed and high level that. It has been previously.

Got to disagree - the narrow formation and no wingers has many critics - even those pro Stevie G aren't totally on board with it. 

Where are you getting the impression about training and match prep. ? 

What does detailed and high level mean ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tomsky_11 said:

It seems that he has carried on his obsession with TRO being a supporter of Steve Bruce for a bit longer than most, and is now trying to create a new angle which suggests that everyone who isn't against Gerrard, was a huge Steve Bruce fan, and hated Dran Smith 😂

Even though, it's absolute nonsense  I've said multiple time, some people are literally just making things up as they go along.

All of our posts are public, so it's even more mental that people do things like this, when the statements can be debunked and verified ffs 🤦🏿

Some of us actually gave ALL the Managers time and support, until we didn't. 🤷🏿‍♀️

* Except McCleish, of.course.

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He does love to blame others. Roy Keane style 

I don’t know if you saw the thread, but he did say 'we' when discussing improving. Also wanting to give more to us fans, which he’s not wrong we do deserve more to be honest. It’s been a disappointing season.

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It seems that he has carried on his obsession with TRO being a supporter of Steve Bruce for a bit longer than most, and is now trying to create a new angle which suggests that everyone who isn't against Gerrard, was a huge Steve Bruce fan, and hated Dran Smith 😂

Even though, it's absolute nonsense  I've said multiple time, some people are literally just making things up as they go along.

All of our posts are public, so it's even more mental that people do things like this, when the statements can be debunked and verified ffs 🤦🏿

Some of us actually gave ALL the Managers time and support, until we didn't. 🤷🏿‍♀️

* Except McCleish, of.course.

If you appoint another clubs once in a generation hero - don't expect to jump on board. 

• Like 1

I don’t blame Gerrard for us missing chances, it seems to be a feature of this season.

i do think he’s an improvement on smith..

on paper we have 2 15+ goal a season strikers at the club. for one reason or another can’t hit a barn door with a saucepan this season.. 

Im intrigued to see what happens this summer; I just hope it doesn’t turn into Stevie G’s old boys club with Suarez in tow… no thanks 

In that interview, he says as good as what we all say. "much to inconsistent this season" and "not enough quality in the final 3rd". At least he knows. Gotta respect him for seeing what we see most games, so he knows what to do for next season. I'm positive, next season will be better.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

If you appoint another clubs once in a generation hero - don't expect to jump on board. 

Don't get me wrong, I get it, it's a bit weird and can feel off if you dwell on it, but in truth, it's probably childish 

How do players who are  lifelong supporters of other clubs, go and play for rivals for example?

I'm sure SG won't be the only Manager who's ever been in this situation, would be interesting to know actually.

How does Deano Manage other clubs against us without batting an eyelid?

The same way if Grealish plays on Sunday, he will have no qualms scoring a hat trick against us 

So yes, it's weird, but that's more an " us " problem, that it is an actual problem. IMO

I'm pretty sure ideally, we'd all want a Villa man/legend to lead us to glory.

10 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

I get the overhaul vibes from this interview.

Not enough quality in the final third. 

That's on you mate because we keep hearing of despite the abundance of talent and goalscorers on the pitch 

Â