Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

Just now, string28 said:

I seem to remember SG took over from smith and signed player's in jan to get us closer to the top half of the table not the bottom half? 

And he signed 2 loans and one permanent player

4 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

The original comment asked why we sacked Dean. Who built this team and was ultimately let down by them. Imagine that, Antonio conte has sorted out spurs. Pretty much the same players too yeah, my god. Nothing strange about it he’s one of the best managers in the world ffs 

Sorry, what’s your point?  The fact we settled for a second rate one who won one thing in Scotland?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

Gerrard signed Coutinho, Digne and Chambers. Almost everyone else was signed by Smith. What about Gerrard makes you "worried" about letting im spend money?

*Signed by the club/Suso/Lange as we progressed from lower level championship to 55 points in the Premier League

• Like 2

We will spunk more money. 

Waste it on shite again. 

Gerrard will get canned before Christmas. New manager comes in. Can't work with the squad he has and the endless cycle repeats itself.

1 minute ago, macandally said:

Sorry, what’s your point?  The fact we settled for a second rate one who won one thing in Scotland?

I find it funny that people think it’s reasonable to compare Antonio conte’s situation at spurs to ours, that was my point  

Gerrard’s job can’t all be about buying playing, he needs to be able coach players to get the best out of them.  I cant see after six months any improvement of the players that was here.  

Gerrard is obviously not Conte level but look at the difference Conte has made with Spurs with essentially the same players as under Nuno.

• Like 1

It’s funny, I’m not even against carrying on with Gerrard it’s just hilarious that some of the most vociferous anti-Smith voices are defending their vociferous ness in the face of a lot of worrying evidence.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, IrishVilla10 said:

I find it funny that people think it’s reasonable to compare Antonio conte’s situation at spurs to ours, that was my point  

I find nothing about our situation funny.

Gerrard was the wrong choice, I would suggest our search was a fate accompli, we didn’t really look further than Purslows mate did we.  Multi Million pound enterprise and its jobs for the boys

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, macandally said:

Yep we settled by the looks of it.  Looking forward to see my season ticket price hike now on Monday, that’s bound to cheer me up 🙄

I actually do have a number of issues with Gerrard: tactics, seeming inability to drop his favourites, the fact we can only seem to have one good half, the continued weak mentality (although that goes back a long way).

But he simply isn't to blame for Konsa being unable to do the very basics and looking like Lescott Mk2 and Ings and Watkins being unable to finish and just generally being shit.

Just now, Mantis said:

I actually do have a number of issues with Gerrard: tactics, seeming inability to drop his favourites, the fact we can only seem to have one good half, the continued weak mentality (although that goes back a long way).

But he simply isn't to blame for Konsa being unable to do the very basics and looking like Lescott Mk2 and Ings and Watkins being unable to finish and just generally being shit.

Nope, but that requires us to look at this game in isolation. We had an eight game run without a win, we've now lost four in a row. You can explain one or two results away, two extensive winless runs... 

Â