Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

32 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Wasn't really a shit show though was it. We was in a bad spot but it was very much a short moment in time.

I’d call 7 losses in 11 and poor form throughout 2021 was a shit show.

1 hour ago, Xela said:

We're 9th in the table with probably the 8th/9th best squad in the league. 

Do people expect us to challenge the top 6 with our team? 

No but we expect some fight. Yesterday was absolute appalling we didn't lay a glove on Arsenal and they never got out of first gear. Nobody is saying we should have automatically won but at least give them a game

Not the first time has happened either, Liverpool game was another so was Newcastle 

17 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

If Stevie G was manager/ head coach from start of the season we’d be 9th on 43/44 points (43.5) points based on the PPG since he has come in. 

He got a new manager bounce as well so we might not have been.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

36 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

He got a new manager bounce as well so we might not have been.  

Is there such a thing as a new manager bounce? 

57 minutes ago, Zatman said:

No but we expect some fight. Yesterday was absolute appalling we didn't lay a glove on Arsenal and they never got out of first gear. Nobody is saying we should have automatically won but at least give them a game

Not the first time has happened either, Liverpool game was another so was Newcastle 

We're inconsistent, like a lot of mid table teams. We are prone to being shite one week and good the next. 

As I said in the deano thread I think my biggest problem with him is we're not better, we're the same inconsistent mid table team who post Xmas is not guaranteed to turn up most weeks as the season is finished 

The sacking still looks pointless to me, we're exactly the same with the same problems just with Coutinho chucked in there 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

As I said in the deano thread I think my biggest problem with him is we're not better, we're the same inconsistent mid table team who post Xmas is guaranteed to turn up most weeks as the season is finished 

The sacking still looks pointless to me, we're exactly the same with the same problems just with Coutinho chucked in there 

Agreed

10 minutes ago, Xela said:

We're inconsistent, like a lot of mid table teams. We are prone to being shite one week and good the next. 

Its fine being shite, I remember the Lambert years 😂 but you know at least try to get a result instead of keeping his buddies on the pitch 

7 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Yes, hence the term “new manager bounce” because it happens a lot 😉

I'd be interested to see any data though... might have a look later! :D 

26 minutes ago, Xela said:

I'd be interested to see any data though... might have a look later! :D 

https://www.premierleague.com/news/2347230

New managers' first five matches
Season Manager Club PPM before PPM (first five)
2017/18 Roy Hodgson CRY 0 0.6
2017/18 Claude Puel LEI 1.0 1.6
2017/18 Sam Allardyce EVE 1.1 2.2
2017/18 David Moyes WHU 0.8 0.8
2017/18 Alan Pardew WBA 0.9 0.4
2017/18 Carlos Carvalhal SWA 0.7 2.0
2017/18 Paul Lambert STK 0.9 1.2
2017/18 Javier Gracia WAT 1.1 2.0
2017/18 Mark Hughes SOU 0.9 0.8
2017/18 Darren Moore WBA 0.6 2.2
2018/19 Claudio Ranieri FUL 0.4 0.8
2018/19 Ralph Hasenhuttl SOU 0.6 1.2
2018/19 Ole Gunnar Solskjaer MUN 1.5 3.0
2018/19 Jan Siewert HUD 0.5 0.6
2018/19 Brendan Rodgers LEI 1.3 2.4
2018/19 Scott Parker FUL 0.6 0
2019/20 Quique Flores WAT 0.3 0.6
2019/20 Jose Mourinho TOT 1.2 2.4
2019/20 Mikel Arteta ARS 1.3 1.2
2019/20 Nigel Pearson WAT 0.6 2.0
2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti EVE 1.1 2.0
2019/20 David Moyes WHU 1.0 0.8
2020/21 Sam Allardyce WBA 0.5 0.8
2020/21 Thomas Tuchel CHE 1.5 2.6
2020/21 Paul Heckingbottom SHU 0.5 0.6
2020/21 Ryan Mason TOT 1.6 1.8

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

I'll tell you this, if he continues getting ultra defensive when anyone questions him, and continues throwing players under the bus, he'll lose the dressing room sooner than you'd think.

The interviewer was repeating everything he said to be fair. Which would annoy anyone. Gerrard was assertive not abusive. It ended with a handshake and smile. It was a benign interaction really. Who has he thrown under the bus? If the players down tools from some relatively soft criticism than they are not the type we need to move forward. 

People are waiting to jump on Gerrard for anything. Give him a break. FFS. Just judge him on performances and results, if he fails then he is gone.

Edited by Villa_Vids

38 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I'll tell you this, if he continues getting ultra defensive when anyone questions him, and continues throwing players under the bus, he'll lose the dressing room sooner than you'd think.

That’s what Lampard has been criticized for, blaming the players. One would hope Gerrard is smarter.

15 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

The interviewer was repeating everything he said to be fair. Which would annoy anyone. Gerrard was assertive not abusive. It ended with a handshake and smile. It was a benign interaction really. Who has he thrown under the bus? If the players down tools from some relatively soft criticism than they are not the type we need to move forward. 

People are waiting to jump on Gerrard for anything. Give him a break. FFS. Just judge him on performances and results, if he fails then he is gone and your wishes come true.

Isn't that what people are doing? We didn't get a shot on target yesterday. 

• Like 3

Â