Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Now you must be on the wind up mate? From the outset, of all the names…. that you wanted Gerrard.  I respect you mate but I don’t believe that.

Maybe, you haven't read it correctly.....I said as soon as the candidates were announced, from the outset.....why would I lie?

just because you don't agree, fine.

He said "we will become a possession based team, but when we can transition to that, time will tell".

Very interesting statement, because there are quite a few players in the squad who just aren't capable of that, and will need to be moved on, if that's how he does want to play.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

He said "we will become a possession based team, but when we can transition to that, time will tell".

Very interesting statement, because there are quite a few players in the squad who just aren't capable of that, and will need to be moved on, if that's how he does want to play.

They are capable. If Brighton and Leeds players can do it then so can we.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

Maybe, you haven't read it correctly.....I said as soon as the candidates were announced, from the outset.....why would I lie?

just because you don't agree, fine.

We don’t know who the four candidates they mentioned were.  All we have are speculation of various people the media mentioned.

Anyway, don’t mean to insult you re your top candidate, I was just surprised.

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

I sometimes wonder who it’s all for.  This craving because we know what will be asked, what his answers are going to be.  There must be a real audience for this but who? I’ll end up watching but only because it’s there but I’m not bothered either way.  Is it younger audience that loves it? Is there a certain foreign audience that love it more than others?  Is it just the media that wants it for clicks for their articles?

I’m like most on here for my love of the Villa, my whole life and Season Ticket holder but the clamour for these kind of things baffles me because they never tell you anything anyway.

I think there is something you are missing and clearly frustrated by it.

Some of us Nick are clearly excited by the prospect of a winning mentality, being instilled in to us and all the ingredients that go with it....now that can take time...but when the man leading us, clearly has it, there is a good chance he can mould it in to the team....it will probably necessitate changes to personnel, but I will be amazed, if at some stage, it doesn't happen.

You don't have to make fun of the folk, who can see something, you can't, thats what juvenile is.

you see that bolded line baffles me, because his persona, mentality and drive tells us everything....let those that can see, have their moment in the sun......you could well catch up in time.

• Like 1

Just now, nick76 said:

We don’t know who the four candidates they mentioned were.  All we have are speculation of various people the media mentioned.

Anyway, don’t mean to insult you re your top candidate, I was just surprised.

Nick....Let me just say this.

For all my thoughts on Aston Villa.....This is the type of man in terms of his attitude, that I feel is right to take us forward....for all the things, that I felt was missing, I feel he can bridge that gap.

I could be wrong, it could blow up in my face.....but I feel so sure its right, I am prepared to put my balls on the line.....How long before we see real change? I don't know.

My gut tells me this is right and I will go with it.

• Like 2

Looking at the newsnow headlines - the message that's come out of there is that he's come here to achieve European football at Villa - that's a very good message, it's clear and it says good things about him, us and our ambitions.

In terms of what the club want out of a press conference, that's a win.

• Like 1

Â