Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

36 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Ted Lasso is an a award winning comedy about a young manager plucked from an obscure league ( American college system)to take over a Premier League football team.  Although he technically speaks English he does so in his own unique style (He's from Kansas) hence my lighthearted comparison to our situation.

It's nice to know where your heads at in regards to Americans though.     😀

Be curious , not judgemental.

Thanks for the quick Ted Lasso heads up. I’m behind the game as usual, I didn’t become a dad until I was 51, so you can’t expect miracles. 

I’ve been to the States on four occasions and loved it every time. A man much cleverer than me once said, “England is a country weak enough to need criticism, but strong enough to take it.” I’d say that’s probably a fair opinion to hold of your country too. 

• Shocked 1

5 minutes ago, GazRFC said:

Hi guys, Rangers fan here, joined last night to give you some insight into Gerrard and his team and style of play. 

I gather from here that a lot of you are underwhelmed at this appointment and I suppose understandably so. However I think you will be surprised.

He came to us in 2018 off the back of us being pumped 4-0 and 5-0 in successive weeks from Celtic with our caretaker in charge, we were a riot. 

in his first season, he had us neck and neck with Celtic at the new year and managed to record our first league win over Rodgers Celtic, the first time we had beaten Celtic in the league since we got put down the leagues.

He also qualified through 4 rounds of EL qualifying within his first 2 months in charge, becoming the first team to ever do this. He went on to do this on his second season, third season , Infact he has qualified us for the groups in all 4 seasons he’s been here, beating teams like galatasaray along the way. 

with us, he plays an attacking 4-3-3 formation but one of his weaknesses is his in game management. Often waiting too long to make subs. 

Michael Beale is the brains behind his operation and he will be valuable to you. He is a serious talent. 

There is a danger of being caught up in the “gerrard circus” with the media but it’s good exposure for you guys. Any questions just let me know but I seriously think he will do well with all the money he will have to spend, he worked wonders with us on a serious budget

Thanks for dropping in, as a mod of the site just wanted to say welcome. We are always happy to have ‘away’ fans on here as it really adds to the site.

I think it is a mixed bag, personally I’m excited but with some reservations, I think he will do well. 

• Like 4

There is a really good bunch of You tube clips, regarding the inner workings of our manager.....it's interviews with Jake Humphreys and its called "High Performance)

a good listen, a different character than some of us think.

14 minutes ago, GazRFC said:

Hi guys, Rangers fan here, joined last night to give you some insight into Gerrard and his team and style of play. 

I gather from here that a lot of you are underwhelmed at this appointment and I suppose understandably so. However I think you will be surprised.

He came to us in 2018 off the back of us being pumped 4-0 and 5-0 in successive weeks from Celtic with our caretaker in charge, we were a riot. 

in his first season, he had us neck and neck with Celtic at the new year and managed to record our first league win over Rodgers Celtic, the first time we had beaten Celtic in the league since we got put down the leagues.

He also qualified through 4 rounds of EL qualifying within his first 2 months in charge, becoming the first team to ever do this. He went on to do this on his second season, third season , Infact he has qualified us for the groups in all 4 seasons he’s been here, beating teams like galatasaray along the way. 

with us, he plays an attacking 4-3-3 formation but one of his weaknesses is his in game management. Often waiting too long to make subs. 

Michael Beale is the brains behind his operation and he will be valuable to you. He is a serious talent. 

There is a danger of being caught up in the “gerrard circus” with the media but it’s good exposure for you guys. Any questions just let me know but I seriously think he will do well with all the money he will have to spend, he worked wonders with us on a serious budget

Interesting post and a good read - welcome 👍

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Thanks for this. Reassuring, and as you say, the starting point when he joined, and the performances in Europe do suggest he achieved a bit more than just a par performance in the SPL. He and his coaching team obviously have something about them.

We sacked Smith because his in-game management was poor, so good to know Gerrard will keep that tradition alive.

We sacked smith, because of his results record......and not just for 5 defeats on the spin.

We are currently in a relegation fight and that wasn't part of the plan.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

There is a really good bunch of You tube clips, regarding the inner workings of our manager.....it's interviews with Jake Humphreys and its called "High Performance)

a good listen, a different character than some of us think.

Got gerrards autobiography book on kindle 2 days ago Tro - a good read and well worth a fiver 👍

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Thanks for this. Reassuring, and as you say, the starting point when he joined, and the performances in Europe do suggest he achieved a bit more than just a par performance in the SPL. He and his coaching team obviously have something about them.

We sacked Smith because his in-game management was poor, so good to know Gerrard will keep that tradition alive.

Yes and no, he kept neck and neck with Celtic up until Christmas his first 2 seasons and then just collapsed after the new year, still mystifies us to this day. But given the players he has had available have improved year on year until we eventually won league last season. I would give his overall league tenure a 7/10

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Eastie said:

I think Kent and tavernier have been good for gerrard - for a full back to get 19 goals is something special even at that level - though gerrard will now be shopping at another level totally 

I agree, Tavernier been really good. However he is 6 years older than Cash, and we also have Kelser who is rocking it up in Swindon in that position. I would not invest since we have him.

Kent is a year older than Bailey, would we spend money in that position? Also if we plan for the future, Barry is also considered a left winger, especially if we play narrow in front. 

Many great players in Rangers, but I dont believe we should replace any of ours due to the current and potential ability. 

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

We sacked smith, because of his results record......and not just for 5 defeats on the spin.

I think the table is still quite tight tho and a couple of wins would see us shoot up several places - I still think 8-10 this season is very attainable - I’m hoping for a similar bounce to when Gregory took over from Little - Gerrard doesn’t take prisoners and anyone not buying into his work ethics will quickly be on their way out - this is the kind of manager needed as I think smith was  bit too laid back 

• Like 2

Just now, DaveAV1 said:

Bloody Yanks you come over here….😄

I'm as Brummy as it gets . 

Which is why I believe Troony made a point about me having a pop at other people's lingo when he has heard me via Call Of Duty. 

We don't sound too great.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Eastie said:

I think the table is still quite tight tho and a couple of wins would see us shoot up several places - I still think 8-10 this season is very attainable - I’m hoping for a similar bounce to when Gregory took over from Little - Gerrard doesn’t take prisoners and anyone not buying into his work ethics will quickly be on their way out - this is the kind of manager needed as I think smith was  bit too laid back 

I still think safety is my first priority.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, MentalM said:

I agree, Tavernier been really good. However he is 6 years older than Cash, and we also have Kelser who is rocking it up in Swindon in that position. I would not invest since we have him.

Kent is a year older than Bailey, would we spend money in that position? Also if we plan for the future, Barry is also considered a left winger, especially if we play narrow in front. 

Many great players in Rangers, but I dont believe we should replace any of ours due to the current and potential ability. 

I don’t think either of those would cost big money compared to what we are used to spending - Eduard was the standout player up there and palace got him for about £12m - I think rangers are short of cash but of course gerrard May decide with the finances he has that he can get better elsewhere 

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

The thing is that when people say its not just the 5 game run its true but he wouldn't have been sacked if we had have beaten Wolves. It took a run like that for the board to their mind up. 

• Like 1

Â