Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

3 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Carragher and Neville always speak highly of us tbf.  They were both loving it when we were first promoted back and getting to go to VP again.

Indeed. Carra especially talked us up alot, as a club back where we belong and appreciating our style of play. Lately he has been very critical of our performances, but never slighted the club itself.

Still, he'll definitely be leading the bandwagon for stevie g to move to Liverpool if he does well with us, although not sure you can argue with that.

1 minute ago, Philosopher said:

Like jn every other job, you work your way up one level at a time.

But that is not the case with football. Where did Julian Nagelsmann work his way up? He is the 34 year old Head Coach of one of the biggest clubs in the world 

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

Looking at the Villa manager stats on Wikipedia it is quite amusing to find that Steve Bruce actually has the 5th highest winning percentage. Yes it was second tier football but still.

I noticed that a week or so ago. It really is hard to believe. Maybe we were premature in sacking him 😂

• Haha 1

This is a gamble, but I'd argue less of a gamble than backing Deano at this point.  We looked clueless at times, unable to come back into a game and on a horrific run of losses.  I loved having Deano here, but understand the decision and believe we're less likely to get relegated now than we were last week.

Let's get off to a good start 🤞

9 minutes ago, Vincenzo said:

It’s a massive gamble imo
He’s never managed in the Premier League
He’s gonna feck off if he is successful to Liverplop…that’s his dream job (whether we’re in Champions league or not)
What’s r plan then?
Don’t get the logic tbh

I’ll still support him though

I'm beginning to think some of these are joke posts at this stage... I honestly can't tell anymore. If this is a joke my apologies. If not, just to pick out one of the beyond boring points that might have seemed okay about 4 days ago; What's the plan if Gerrard leaves? Well, my guess is, and I'm going to put my head on the block here, we'll appoint someone else.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Adman said:

This is a gamble, but I'd argue less of a gamble than backing Deano at this point.  We looked clueless at times, unable to come back into a game and on a horrific run of losses.  I loved having Deano here, but understand the decision and believe we're less likely to get relegated now than we were last week.

We were doing ok until the 80 minute V Wolves.  I am sure Dean would love to turn the clock back. It was like a boxer getting a glancing blow and unable to recover.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Adman said:

believe we're less likely to get relegated now than we were last week

I think this, but only for 2 reasons, and only just:

- new manager short term bounce getting us to January in a better place.

- owners now willing to spend most of that £100m of ffp expenditure we have available in January

I'm not sure any of it is due to who we've hired,  and think we may well have seen a similar recovery sticking with Dean and backing him in Jan. However, the owners might have been less inclined to give him any money if we were still bottom half (rightly or wrongly).

Here's hoping Gerrard spots the gaps and gets the right players in. 

Edited by MrBlack

4 minutes ago, Adman said:

Spot on.  Seriously how did fans expect it to change when it’s been poor since January? We all loved Dean and wish him well. But change was inevitable.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrBlack said:

I think this, but only for 2 reasons, and only just:

- new manager short term bounce getting us to January in a better place.

- owners now willing to spend most of that £100m of ffp expenditure we have available in January

I'm not sure any of it is due to who we've hired,  and think we may well have seen a similar recovery sticking with Dean and backing him in Jan. However, the owners might have been less inclined to give him any money if we were still button half (rightly or wrongly)

Yes, there's definitely an element of new manager bounce to my thinking.  But if you're the owners with £100s millions at stake, I can't really blame them for taking the lesser of the two gambles.

25 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

My first manager was Vic Crowe. How many managers have I seen, anyone care to tell me ?

Same, I am not going to google this but working back think it is 20 including Crowe 

3 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Same, I am not going to google this but working back think it is 20 including Crowe 

21 just remembered  Dr Jo

Just WhatsApped the old man and asked the same question, got the grey matter working overtime 

Edited by Follyfoot

Â