The next manager of Aston Villa

TrentVilla

3 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I don't think he has anywhere near enough guile to play that role. Once the play gets intricate in tight spaces, he can't do it.

I think he does. Watch him for Scotland he’s got 11 goals and 2 assists in 20 games. We’ve played him as a 6 and ask too much of him IMO. If I could choose our midfield it would be John, Doug and Sanson with John in the forward position. 

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

id add what we already have...if rambo, rambo, chuk and timbo cant get a buzz from him being the boss then im not sure who will do it for them

If they can't we should sign Pugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble, Grubb

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I think that's more of an indictment for the quality of managers we've hired over the years. Villa aren't the reason they've failed after leaving us, they themselves are.

But it’s also the pressure and expectation. He could have stayed at Rangers a few more years and won league after league before moving on.  He’s moved in to what could potentially be a relegation battle. 

45 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

As much as I wanted Dean to be the guy to take us ‘back to where we want to be’, perhaps he was only going to be the guy to put the foundations in place for the next guy to take us there.

Whether Gerrard is that guy remains to be seen, but he will get my full support and I hope he gets it from everyone.

I do wish we would stop being so divided as a fan base all the time.

Good take. I've always thought smith would stablise us, but have a ceiling and limitations. The progress he made has been brilliant, on and off the pitch in uniting fans and getting our love and excitement back. If you see what he has achieved in 3 years it's huge, so this worry of SG leaving for Plop in a few years would most likely mean he's got us in and around Europe, where we will be able to attract that next bracket of manager. I don't see the negatives, certainly not the Liverpool fear.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Really?, easiest decision and job to walk into.  Bigger job, stable squad, talented squad, plenty of talented youth coming through, easy to improve under performing team, rich good owners, great fan base, large war chest, no real issues plus probably a huge pay rise, closer to home, in the PL and your boss (Purslow) is a friend.

Yet has constantly proven to turn managers. Name me one manager that has gone on to better things than Villa? We ruin managers like we do strikers haha!!

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

I would love Smith to go to Norwich and keep them up. That would provide some food for thought. 

Why the actual **** would you want that? You actually want something that could harm our club to come to pass? 

tenor.gif

Edit - I misread your post and thought you said Newcastle, but nevertheless. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2