The next manager of Aston Villa

TrentVilla

15 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I have a photo of Dean Smith standing outside the Albion if that’s any good?

I have it on good authority Dean Smith is a Tory and a regular down the local Conservative club. Doesn’t seem to bother people either. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, lexicon said:

No I'm not and I've absolutely no idea how you've come to that conclusion. 

Smith had it all to learn when he came to the premier league and it's the reason we went on ropey spells. Why on earth would we get someone in who hasn't been through this before and we have no idea how they'll react to it, if we have the option? We may as well have stuck with Smith rather than take a massive gamble.

Well at least we agree here :D 

6 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Didn’t bother people re Terry.

Plenty of people thought JT was a prick who shouldn't be involved with the club.

Much like I imagine people will with Gerrard if he does get the job, people held their nose and got behind him even if they weren't enthusiastic in the first place.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

😁 Well yes probably, they have to balance out the Nuno’s of this world.

I just don’t think you can appoint managers with the expectancy of longevity or rather discount managers through an expectation it could be lacking.

Yes there is a threat of losing Gerrard to Liverpool but for that to happen he will have to have been successful. I can live with that.

I also think we have to be realistic in thinking any manager that comes in and is able to elevate us from mid table to top 6/8 is potentially likely to become of interest to other clubs. 

If we are looking for a good manager to come in and elevate us who we don’t fear the possibility of losing in a couple of years well that is going to be some damn fine recruitment from Purslow.

Preeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeecisely.

Can i ask, and don’t let the defence mechanisms kick in straight away here, why not dyche ? The boring football is such a lazy argument. It’s horses for courses. Don’t tell me he can’t work with good footballers. Cornet is flying it for him. Can guarantee you he’d sort our defence out and pronto. Dyche over Gerrard any day.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, blandy said:

How long do the good ones last?

Serious question - because my impression is they last longer than that on average, and we want a good one, don't we?

(edit, obviously the play on words isn't the serious bit)

Conte, Poch, Jose, AVB and Rogers all got sacked after a relatively short period of time. 

5 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I have it on good authority Dean Smith is a Tory and a regular down the local Conservative club. Doesn’t seem to bother people either. 

I read his uncle is the treasurer of the Great Barr Conservative Club. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

Can i ask, and don’t let the defence mechanisms kick in straight away here, why not dyche ? The boring football is such a lazy argument. It’s horses for courses. Don’t tell me he can’t work with good footballers. Cornet is flying it for him. Can guarantee you he’d sort our defence out and pronto. Dyche over Gerrard any day.

Leave Dyche with Burnley 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

It’s probably a poor signing in a commercial sense. I reckon this is taken in to consideration. 

6 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

er...lets not lower the tone, to politics, Dave.

The fanbase is divided enough already😀

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Because there's not enough grit in Birmingham to fuel his voice box.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1