The note

chrisvilla4

I do think this played a role in him getting the sack tbh.

Absolute farcical to be honest. Was about as tinpot as you can get.

You train all week, meetings, tactical analysis, run through set pieces the day before I presume as is the norm - 20 minutes into the game we're passing around notes. If it was to one person I'd forgive it, half the team needed to read it.

How that lanky set piece coach is still in a job is beyond me. Must be Purslow or Lange's man.

27 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I do think this played a role in him getting the sack tbh.

Absolute farcical to be honest. Was about as tinpot as you can get.

You train all week, meetings, tactical analysis, run through set pieces the day before I presume as is the norm - 20 minutes into the game we're passing around notes. If it was to one person I'd forgive it, half the team needed to read it.

How that lanky set piece coach is still in a job is beyond me. Must be Purslow or Lange's man.

Yes Purslow has said that he was planning on giving Smith another 2 seasons, but the note humiliated the entire city of Birmingham and brought shame upon the ghost of Ron Saunders.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Yes Purslow has said that he was planning on giving Smith another 2 seasons, but the note humiliated the entire city of Birmingham and brought shame upon the ghost of Ron Saunders.

It the was the poor spelling in the note that did it for Smith. He thought he was writing it for Grealish 

3 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Mourinho used to do it a bit. It's amateur hour stuff though.

Is it really? People complained Deano was too passive and not reactive enough. Sees something not working (whether players weren't doing as told or something unexpected from Soton), passes a message to the players to try and change something, and gets slated?

Â