Next manager

bose

Next manager  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the next Villa manager?

• Graham Potter
    • Lucien Favre
    • John Terry
    • Frank Lampard
    • Xabi Alonso
    • Ronald Koeman
    • Steven Gerrard
    • Other (please state)
    • Paulo Fonseca
    • Joachim Low

13 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

He would be great, but why leave a club on the up where he has done wonders and everyone appreciates him for one that is struggling? 

You could ask this of any manager going to a club who have sacked a manager. They didn’t get sacked because everything was rosy. We are a step up from Brighton and he would have better facilities, bigger transfers budget and get paid more. I’m almost sure if we want him, we would get him. 

If you are doing a poll put Shakespeare in there. Coz he is the most likely long term replacement candidate just like Thomas Frank was at Brentford.

Whether or not we want that kind of continuity is another question but Smith and Villa seem to have lined things up in a similar manner.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

If you are doing a poll put Shakespeare in there. Coz he is the most likely long term replacement candidate just like Thomas Frank was at Brentford.

Whether or not we want that kind of continuity is another question but Smith and Villa seem to have lined things up in a similar manner.

No way.

This coaching staff needs a complete overhaul.

Shakespeare's outdated counter attacking philosophy can piss off.

Not surprising our style of play has steadily become worse and worse after his appointment.

• Like 1

Just now, villalad21 said:

No way.

This coaching staff needs a complete overhaul.

Shakespeare's outdated counter attacking philosophy can piss off.

Not surprising our style of play has steadily become worse and worse after his appointment.

Oh I agree. I am just looking at the most likely outcome not the one I want. I would take Bielsa. But he is about as popular on here as alcohol free beer so..

• Haha 1

Just now, ciggiesnbeer said:

Oh I agree. I am just looking at the most likely outcome not the one I want. I would take Bielsa. But he is about as popular on here as alcohol free beer so..

I just hope they don't rush into things.

No point in sacking for the sake of it.

If plan B is Shakespeare then I will lose a lot of respect for them. If that is the option I would rather stick with Smith.

• Like 1

Just now, PaulC said:

Shakespeare did an ok job as Leicester interim manager so if they do scak him its likely he would be put in charge until we find a replacement

If the Leicester fans I know are to be believed, he's one of the most disliked words removed in the game.

Just now, villalad21 said:

I just hope they don't rush into things.

No point in sacking for the sake of it.

If plan B is Shakespeare then I will lose a lot of respect for them. If that is the option I would rather stick with Smith.

Agree on all points. Imho the club would be fools if they were not recruiting already.  I think Shakespeare would be Dean Smith version 1.2. We dont need that, we need something new.

I'm 100% behind Smith at the moment but if I was forced to pick a replacement today, it would be Potter. I wouldn't be interested in anyone else.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KentVillan said:

It needs to be someone elite with a proven track record. If we’re sacking Smith just to bring in a JT or a Lampard then we are **** morons.

Personally I think Smith has been here long enough to deserve more time, as bad as I agree things are right now.

Completely agree