Next manager

bose

Next manager  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the next Villa manager?

• Graham Potter
    • Lucien Favre
    • John Terry
    • Frank Lampard
    • Xabi Alonso
    • Ronald Koeman
    • Steven Gerrard
    • Other (please state)
    • Paulo Fonseca
    • Joachim Low

Given that we’re all talking about it, surely we need a thread. It’s a tough business but Smith has taken us as far as he can. I’m sad to see him go but it’s needed.

Edited by bose
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, LondonLax said:

A bullshit thread. Why not back the manager while he’s still in the position. 

Yeah let’s just stick our head in the sand then. 

• Haha 1

All I'll say is if Smith does end up being sacked and we hire someone like JT then we've all been played like a fiddle and quite clearly we aren't in as good as hands as I thought. I trust the board won't drop that low. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Lucien Farve tad unrealistic dream. Xabi Alonso if we are going for recently retired ex pros over JT, Lamps, & Stevie G. Wanted Fonseca when he was at Shaktar. Not a huge pool to choose from currently and our search will hinge on Newcastle’s and what Spurs do with Nuno. 

Just now, AVFCforever1991 said:

Did everyone want Smith sacked after the United match?

We've lost 4 straight games and are firmly establishing ourselves in bottom 6 now if you care to look at the table.

Based on all our issues currently you can't make much case of us beating any of Southampton, Brighton and Palace who are all in way better form and then if you care to take a look at our December fixtures....

As for the thread I'd say Luciene Favre. Vastly experienced, did a superb job at likes of 'Gladbach and Nice and also managed Dortmund so can handle big name players although results weren't amazing. Was talking to Crystal Palace in the summer so seems open to managing in prem.

Get the feeling they'll take easy option and approach Frank Lampard and he'll accept. Just seems too easy an appointment to make and not convinced he'd be right fit at all in long run as he has same issues as DS in not being decisive enough during matches and Chelsea had a really poor defensive record under him.

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

We've lost 4 straight games and are firmly establishing ourselves in bottom 6 now if you care to look at the table.

Based on all our issues currently you can't make much case of us beating any of Southampton, Brighton and Palace who are all in way better form and then if you care to take a look at our December fixtures....

As for the thread I'd say Luciene Favre. Vastly experienced, did a superb job at likes of 'Gladbach and Nice and also managed Dortmund so can handle big name players although results weren't amazing. Was talking to Crystal Palace in the summer so seems open to managing in prem.

Get the feeling they'll take easy option and approach Frank Lampard and he'll accept. Just seems too easy an appointment to make and not convinced he'd be right fit at all in long run as he has same issues as DS in not being decisive enough during matches and Chelsea had a really poor defensive record under him.

Lampard is **** gash, how would he improve anything at all? Look at the instant impact Tuchel had at Chelsea after Lampard left

• Like 2

Slim pickings given Newcastle and soon to Spurs I think 

Would still rather we stuck with Smith and replaced some of the coaches that we lost but the players aren't there anymore, head have gone 

Honestly not a clue who I'd want, I'm not 100% sure what the fix is right now