Next manager

bose

Next manager  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the next Villa manager?

• Graham Potter
    • Lucien Favre
    • John Terry
    • Frank Lampard
    • Xabi Alonso
    • Ronald Koeman
    • Steven Gerrard
    • Other (please state)
    • Paulo Fonseca
    • Joachim Low

5 minutes ago, hippo said:

One PL manager leaving for another PL club mid season. I've not researched but when did that last happen ?

No idea. You obviously didn’t read the MONEY part. 

This thread is the exact reason we should be slow to sack DS. I’d be beyond pissed if we ended up with Gerard (managing in a league 1 level), Howe (most recent thing he did was get a decent Bournemouth team relegated), Lampard (average in the championship and terrible in the premier league after spending a fortune) level of manager. Not to mention JT, no managerial experience at all. 
If we are going to pull the trigger it better be for a really top manager, someone in the Conte bracket! 
Otherwise let DS finish the season and we will see where we are. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If we were to offer Potter the job then if he's got any sense he'd take it, as he might not get many more chances at having a go at managing a club of our size and potential, all it takes is a bad run of form and suddenly he won't be flavor of the month anymore.

Not sure why people want him anyway, he's barely scraped past forty points in his two seasons with Brighton, and they went on what must have been one of the worst runs of home form in their history with him as manager, other than a good start to this season, and media hype I'm really not sure what he has to offer, frankly if we was to give him the job whilst I'd hope for things to go well, I'd be more worried about relegation than I am now.

Think about this, we've lost four games in a row, that must be our worst run of form in a long time, and yet Brighton are still only six points ahead of us, that's just two wins.

Just now, Herman22 said:

This thread is the exact reason we should be slow to sack DS. I’d be beyond pissed if we ended up with Gerard (managing in a league 1 level), Howe (most recent thing he did was get a decent Bournemouth team relegated), Lampard (average in the championship and terrible in the premier league after spending a fortune) level of manager. Not to mention JT, no managerial experience at all. 
If we are going to pull the trigger it better be for a really top manager, someone in the Conte bracket! 
Otherwise let DS finish the season and we will see where we are. 

Problem is if we lost the next game we could be bottom 3,, not ideal going into a break sitting in the bottom 3, as I have said we need a minimum of 7 points from the next 4 (now 3) before out horror run of games. If we are bottom 3 come Xmas I think there is a genuine chance of us going down, you know Newcastle are going to throw money at it. Norwich are down, it is just a lottory of who are the other 2 teams, on current form we are favorites! 

January is a tough window unless you want to pay over the odds, we won't, Newcastle will.