Next manager

bose

Next manager  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the next Villa manager?

• Graham Potter
    • Lucien Favre
    • John Terry
    • Frank Lampard
    • Xabi Alonso
    • Ronald Koeman
    • Steven Gerrard
    • Other (please state)
    • Paulo Fonseca
    • Joachim Low

21 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

If you are doing a poll put Shakespeare in there. Coz he is the most likely long term replacement candidate just like Thomas Frank was at Brentford.

Whether or not we want that kind of continuity is another question but Smith and Villa seem to have lined things up in a similar manner.

He lasted what 10 games as Leicester manager. He's just a number 2 and would be o.k if needed as caretaker for a few weeks.

• Like 1

That list of options is depressing, unrealistic or shite.

Potter will not leave brighton. 

Joachim low? Favre? Not a hope in hell.

Lampard and Gerrard. Just relegate us now. Lampard is abysmal and Gerrard won the scottish prem. I could do that with an old firm club. 

Smith can gladly stay if they are the options.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Potter. No other manager I want, think he is perfect. 

I’m still not Smirh out, but Potter would be great. 

Im not entirely sure why so many think he’d be in unattainable, I don’t care what the league table says, Brighton to Villa is a big step up.  

26 minutes ago, WHY said:

You could ask this of any manager going to a club who have sacked a manager. They didn’t get sacked because everything was rosy. We are a step up from Brighton and he would have better facilities, bigger transfers budget and get paid more. I’m almost sure if we want him, we would get him. 

Really how would that happen ?

He would have to resign from Brighton.

Brighton would surely rebuff any approach from villa.

1 minute ago, av1 said:

I’m still not Smirh out, but Potter would be great. 

Im not entirely sure why so many think he’d be in unattainable, I don’t care what the league table says, Brighton to Villa is a big step up.  

Neither do I, I’m amazed anyone still thinks Smith can turn this around.

No disrespect to Brighton, but Villa are on a different planet to them size wise and also potential wise. Villa is a huge job for any manager. 

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Really how would that happen ?

He would have to resign from Brighton.

Brighton would surely rebuff any approach from villa.

You make it sound like managers leaving one club for another never happens. It’s called MONEY. Generally in life if someone wants something and they have more money than the other person, they get what they want. 

Just now, ciggiesnbeer said:

We use our advantage in the negotiations.

1490169480_scarface-money.gif&f=1&nofb=1

Wed have too. It would take huge amount to deprive Brighton of a a guy who has got them fighting for a place in Europe.

It would also mean potter telling Brighton he wants to leave. Just not seeing it.

• Like 1

Just now, WHY said:

You make it sound like managers leaving one club for another never happens. It’s called MONEY. Generally in life if someone wants something and they have more money than the other person, they get what they want. 

One PL manager leaving for another PL club mid season. I've not researched but when did that last happen ?

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Joachim Low is 61 and hasn't managed in club football for 17 years

He wasn't a successful club football manager either 

He won't be going anywhere 

spacer.png 

3 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I would give Antonio Conte a call and see how he feels about becoming the new coach.

Think we should. No harm in trying to get the best available… doubt he’d accept the challenge as that level of manager only want a champions league club, but, still. 

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 1