Next manager

bose

Next manager  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the next Villa manager?

• Graham Potter
    • Lucien Favre
    • John Terry
    • Frank Lampard
    • Xabi Alonso
    • Ronald Koeman
    • Steven Gerrard
    • Other (please state)
    • Paulo Fonseca
    • Joachim Low

6 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Lucien Farve tad unrealistic dream. Xabi Alonso if we are going for recently retired ex pros over JT, Lamps, & Stevie G. Wanted Fonseca when he was at Shaktar. Not a huge pool to choose from currently and our search will hinge on Newcastle’s and what Spurs do with Nuno. 

Pretty sure Favre was interviewed by Palace so don't get why he's some impossible get unless he dosen't want to manage anymore.

We'll probably look at Fonseca but he wasn't amazing at Roma and Spurs and Newcastle overlooked him so there's obviously some concern in background checks.

It's tricky with managers sometimes. I saw a bit of Benfica 18 months ago and though Lage would be hopeless at Wolves but so far their results have been decent and they're playing better football.

We simply must get a manager in who can suit this squad rather than just go for a big name/profile manager. I honestly think with what we've got we're ripe for a progressive manager with Bundesliga experience so that's why I mentioned Favre. Perhaps Roger Schmidt is another to look at as assume he managed Bailey at Leverkusen.

Hopefully this ownership can think a bit outside the box, Xabi Alonso is a really interesting shout given his background in football. Think he's managed Real Sociedad B.

• Like 2

Favre is 63.

Pretty sure the board will be looking at young up and coming manager.

People won't like to hear it but I think the likes of JT and Gerrard are the most realistic candidates.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Lampard is **** gash, how would he improve anything at all? Look at the instant impact Tuchel had at Chelsea after Lampard left

Yes I know but I could see Purslow interviewing him and offering him the job. He ticks some boxes in that he's a "name" so could possibly attract some big name players DS possibly can't e.g someone like Pulisic perhaps if Chelsea loan him out. And he also gave chances to Reece James, Tammy, Tomori and Mount at Chelsea so would tick that box considering the youth we have around the first team now.

Like you though I don't want him either as defensively Chelsea were awful under him and look how we're defending currently and I think he's same as DS in that he's too slow to make changes and tweak tactics during games.

Just wouldn't surprise me if we appointed him though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Favre is 63.

Pretty sure the board will be looking at young up and coming manager.

People won't like to hear it but I think the likes of JT and Gerrard are the most realistic candidates.

Didn't realise he was that old, thought he was mid 50s tbh.

Would love likes of Marco Rose or Jesse Marsh as they've already managed in europe and improved clubs but they're both at big clubs in the Bundesliga so they'd laugh us out of town if we approached either.

Guess Eddie Howe would be interviewed aswell but his stock is lower than 2-3 years ago so that would be a risk although he'd probably get us back into mid table as he's not a terrible manager despite the relegation.

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Didn't realise he was that old, thought he was mid 50s tbh.

Would love likes of Marco Rose or Jesse Marsh as they've already managed in europe and improved clubs but they're both at big clubs in the Bundesliga so they'd laugh us out of town if we approached either.

Guess Eddie Howe would be interviewed aswell but his stock is lower than 2-3 years ago so that would be a risk although he'd probably get us back into mid table as he's not a terrible manager despite the relegation.

Yeah I think Marsch could be a good shout, knows how to get the best out of players and has that American connection also. Yeah good position with Leipzig but from little things  I have read I don't think their fans like him all that much.

Just now, Osirus said:

i think we'll probably be looking at him IF Deano goes, I wouldn't be particularly happy with that - pretty underwhelming if you ask me 

A solid coach, I think he would be similar to Smith. Not a bad option, but probably not to take us forward.

• Like 1

I'd hope we go for someone with some proven pedigree rather than punt on developing a new talent. Terry would be a mistake, as would Gerrard, and Lampard has proven incompetence.

Who we can get with that pedigree though, shrug.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Pretty sure Favre was interviewed by Palace so don't get why he's some impossible get unless he dosen't want to manage anymore.

We'll probably look at Fonseca but he wasn't amazing at Roma and Spurs and Newcastle overlooked him so there's obviously some concern in background checks.

It's tricky with managers sometimes. I saw a bit of Benfica 18 months ago and though Lage would be hopeless at Wolves but so far their results have been decent and they're playing better football.

We simply must get a manager in who can suit this squad rather than just go for a big name/profile manager. I honestly think with what we've got we're ripe for a progressive manager with Bundesliga experience so that's why I mentioned Favre. Perhaps Roger Schmidt is another to look at as assume he managed Bailey at Leverkusen.

Hopefully this ownership can think a bit outside the box, Xabi Alonso is a really interesting shout given his background in football. Think he's managed Real Sociedad B.

Roger Schmidt is a very good shout if we could prise him away from PSV. Lucien Farve could be attainable but that depends on what Spurs and Newcastle do.

Agree about your concerns over Fonseca, would’ve thought he was a better fit for Spurs than Nuno and Wolves going for Lage over him  raises alarms.

Been reading up on Xabi Alonso and he has performed very well for Sociedad B and will no doubt end up being a first class coach for someone very soon. 

Just now, Chindie said:

I'd hope we go for someone with some proven pedigree rather than punt on developing a new talent. Terry would be a mistake, as would Gerrard, and Lampard has proven incompetence.

Who we can get with that pedigree though, shrug.

Anybody if we throw enough money at it, well not quite but I’d like to think were shopping in the europa league category