Next manager

bose

Next manager  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the next Villa manager?

• Graham Potter
    • Lucien Favre
    • John Terry
    • Frank Lampard
    • Xabi Alonso
    • Ronald Koeman
    • Steven Gerrard
    • Other (please state)
    • Paulo Fonseca
    • Joachim Low

6 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Agree about your concerns over Fonseca, would’ve thought he was a better fit for Spurs than Nuno and Wolves going for Lage over him  raises alarms.

I read the problem with Spurs was the salary and the amount of tax he would have to pay, he wanted more money. The rumours for Toon suggest one of the highest paid managers in the PL. That would be circa 20m a year. Smith is on a reported 1.5m

• Thanks 1

Don’t underestimate Purslow’s fanboy attitude towards Steven Gerrard. He wouldn’t be my first choice, mainly because he’d be one step closer to his dream job at Anfield and would only see us as a stepping stone towards that goal. I can see it happening though.

NSWE are clearly very shrewd businessmen and I do have faith in them getting it right.

Potter for me. 

Edited by ferguson1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Potter. No other manager I want, think he is perfect. 

He would be great, but why leave a club on the up where he has done wonders and everyone appreciates him for one that is struggling? 

• Like 1

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

To all the people saying Potter. Fair, but would he come?

I think he might. Villa fan, we have more to spend and a better squad.

He wont go from Brighton to a top club, we will be a stepping stone if he does turn out to be good but it's an upgrade for him and a chance to prove himself. Only issue is I'm not sure he leaves during the season.

Just now, bobzy said:

Bet Potter can’t wait to come here and have the fans on his back after any sort of losing run. Wooooo. 

It's the manner of the performances. Whats the plan? Hoofing it too much now, Bailey taking a long throw. Ashley Young in CM. 

I've backed Smith the entire time but he's bringing this on himself.

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Bet Potter can’t wait to come here and have the fans on his back after any sort of losing run. Wooooo. 

That's modern football though isn't it? I mean you live in Nottingham don't you so see all the endless changes Forest make (probably not the best example tbf!)

What did you make of Leicester when they were 13th and sacked Puel and got in Rodgers?

Let's be clear....this isn't DS first poor run here. We had one in the promotion season but he was only in the job for a few months and last season we had that really poor run from Feb but again mitigation given we were overachieving in league and you know who got injured for 3 months.

19/20 he could've easily been sacked at xmas and it seemed certain in March before once in lifetime covid event hit so he's had a kinder run than other managers at similar sized clubs.

One more name to throw into the mix....Ernesto Valverde. Was at Barca for 3-4 years so ticks the profile box and also managed Espanyol, Bilbao and Olympiakos in last decade and got them into europe and winning stuff so in terms of interesting experienced managers on the market who are realistic I'd say he's a decent shout.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

I think he might. Villa fan, we have more to spend and a better squad.

He's not. He watched us a bit, but when he's spoken about it, he liked watching Villa, went to Blues so likes them too. He might have a bit of a soft spot for us, but he's certainly not a Villa man. Not that I think ithat matters for anything other than the discussion of how easily we could get him.

Not happening, IMO, I think he's too loyal a man to turn his back on Brighton with the season they're having.

• Like 1