Ask BOF anything

tomzep

• 2 months later...

BOF.

I read somewhere that 44 people applied for the Sunderland job in wake of Roy Keane's departure. Assuming that this statement was put out by Sunderland, and they meant 44 serious applications, and didnt include the type of letter that "wacky" internet types send off citing their FM2009 prowess in hope of a reply, I just wondered what sort of people apply for this job?

At the moment im thinking that it is a mixture of Sunderland's backroom staff, and managers/assistant managers/coaches at smaller or lower league clubs instead of big name managers who might be out of work. Any thoughts?

First of all I'd like to curse you for bumping this poxy thread :) My thoughts are that any application be it serious or otherwise is moot now that local lad and former hateful little bluenose scrote-wart Ricky Sbragia jammied his way into it. May they fail spectacularly and go down, then spineless twerp Niall Quinn can hire someone like Paul Jewell and be beaten to promotion by whoever out of Derby and Forest Keane decides to go back into management for :)

Gabby, I've flicked through my family tree and no I don't appear to be.

Ryan, that's a big fat N.O.

Chindie, it's because you're stereotyping :P I look nothing like him !! (thank God).

please dont take this a bad way

also i hope knowone has asked it

Is that you in the avatar?

:crylaugh: No that is 68th yokozuna (Grand Champion) Asashōryū Akinori, arguably the greatest sumo wrestler of all time (I am a sumo fan).

Chindie, it's because you're stereotyping I look nothing like him !! (thank God).

Possibly, but I get the impression I'd think you looked like him even if you were Australian. Odd.

On that note actually, whatever happened to the 'What impression do you have of the VT user' thingy thread...

Â