Ask BOF anything

tomzep

Why is not allowed to discuss what players you would like to see join without having a link
Because, as happened before that rule was decided, you ended up with a forum consisting entirely of threads discussing one player each. Rendering Villa talk (see what I did there?) impossible. Limiting it to players who we are actually rumoured to be after does something to limit the waffle and clutter.

BOF, which tap should go on the left, the hot one or the cold one?

I agree with your answer that left is cold.

But since I had the taps replaced, one turns clockwise, the other anticlockwise. I find this mildly disconcerting. Should I get out more?

If "off topic" over takes the "Villa Talk" forum on number of post, currently about 6,000 behind and closing, will the universe implode or will the website change its name to something more suitable i.e. randomblokeschattingrandomlyonrandomtopics.com

and do you like my new villa song ? and what is your favorite villa song ?

Why is not allowed to discuss what players you would like to see join without having a link
Because, as happened before that rule was decided, you ended up with a forum consisting entirely of threads discussing one player each. Rendering Villa talk (see what I did there?) impossible. Limiting it to players who we are actually rumoured to be after does something to limit the waffle and clutter.

In which case, what is the possibility of having a 'Open speculation' thread, in the VT forum? Then people could chat about wanting Ronaldo, Paul McShane and Godon Strachan to sign for Villa and in doing so, keeping the idle chitchat to one thread. Could potentially save a bit of 'modding'.

In which case, what is the possibility of having a 'Open speculation' thread, in the VT forum? Then people could chat about wanting Ronaldo, Paul McShane and Godon Strachan to sign for Villa and in doing so, keeping the idle chitchat to one thread. Could potentially save a bit of 'modding'.

Again we must go to past experience. Speculation threads end up as a sniping back-stabbing point-scoring bitchfest which consumes the mods' spare time. The kids can't play nice so they can't play full stop. We've tried all solutions and the current one works best.

Like being asked to shag the queen or be best man at your mates wedding, some things in life are an honour but no one in their right mind would actually want it to happen to them.

Does this thread feel like that for you BOF?

Â