Ask BOF anything

tomzep

If a cat always lands on it's feet and butter bread always lands butter side down , what happens if i strap a slice of buttered bread to my cats back and drop her from the bedroom window ?

Fans of Mythbusters will have you know butter doesn't always land butter-side down. The cat would land on it's very sore feet and you'd be arrested for cruelty to animals. I wouldn't advise this experiment :P

What time is it at the North Pole?

While venturing off the North Pole in different directions theoretically puts you in any of the 24 time-zones around the world, I believe the location conforms to GMT for convenience.

What is the best goal you have ever seen?

Ouch, good one. I think Trevor Sinclair's bicycle for QPR years ago is definitely one of the best. As is a first-time volley Wayne Rooney hit 2 season's ago from about 30 yards out. Also one Clarence Seedorf hit from the right wing from about 40 yards out. I'll go with Sinclair's :)

Do you believe in Karma?

No I have no superstitions. Things are as they are, there's no spiritual equilibrium, no balance sheets for good or bad luck. We make our own way and everything does not balance out in the end. Just ask Bill Gates and the next homeless person you see.

3 chippys are working on a building site, at dinner they decide to nip down the town to buy a radio, as they walk into Curry's, they see a nice little radio for £30. They each put £10 in and pay for the radio and leave the shop. The manager then tells the assistant that the radio is reduced to £25 and gives him 5 pound coins and tells him to catch them up and give them back the money. As the assistant sets off he puts 2 pound coins in his pocket. Once he reaches the chippys he gives them each a £1 coin. Therefore they have each paid £9 towards the radio. 3 times 9 = 27....plus the £2 in the assistants pocket = 29.

So.........where is the other £1 coin??????????

Right then BOF, these should keep you busy for a minute or two;

1. Why does the sun lighten our hair but darken our skin?

2. Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?

3. Why don't you ever see the headline "Psychic Wins Lottery"?

4. Why is "abbreviated" such a long word?

5. Why is a boxing ring square?

6. Why is it called lipstick if you can still move your lips?

7. Why is it considered necessary to nail down the lid of a coffin?

8. Why is it that doctors call what they do "practice"?

9. Why is it that rain drops but snow falls?

10. Why is it that to stop Windows 98, you have to click on "Start"?

They pay £10 each for a radio that should cost £25.

They're owed £5 change.

Of the £30 paid, the assistant pockets £2 leaving him with £28. £3 of that is change for workers leaving £25 for the radio. There is no spare pound.

Your error is in adding the £2 to the £27 and not taking it away. The change came from the £30 as does the pocketed £2 bringing it down to £25, which paid for the radio.

1. Why does the sun lighten our hair but darken our skin?

At a guess I'd say it's because skin 'burns' but hair loses nutrience (menolin?)

2. Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?

Glue requires a chemical reaction with air (oxygen).

3. Why don't you ever see the headline "Psychic Wins Lottery"?

Because psychics are a fraud.

4. Why is "abbreviated" such a long word?

For the same reason 'phoenetically' isn't spelt phoenetically.

5. Why is a boxing ring square?

Because you can't tauten a circular shaped rope.

6. Why is it called lipstick if you can still move your lips?

You're thinking of lip glue :)

7. Why is it considered necessary to nail down the lid of a coffin?

Have you never seen a zombie movie? You don't want your loved ones coming back to eat your brains. Or, the ever shifting earth would slide the lid off exposing the meaty goodness to all and sundry.

8. Why is it that doctors call what they do "practice"?

Because if you knew how many quack's were out there you'd know a lot of them need plenty more of it.

9. Why is it that rain drops but snow falls?

rain drop is a noun. Rain actually falls too, but falls in rain drop form :) If rain drops then snow flakes.

10. Why is it that to stop Windows 98, you have to click on "Start"?

Because making windows do something is the beginning of the end.

Couple of quickies for you.

Will the Citeh game be on the Saturday or Sunday (Aston's b'day)?

As you can tell it's a must answer question ;-)

Without giving too much away re the Sunday - when will tickets be on sale?

I would be very sure that our game with Citeh will be on the Sunday considering that both teams (hopefully ;)) will be participating in the 2nd qualifying round of the UEFA Cup on the previous Thursday (14th). It would be unthinkably ludicrous to expect both clubs to play 2 games within 48 hours so close to the start of the season. As for when the tickets go on sale, ehh sorry but I have no idea :) Aston wont mind though as long as you get him one :)

In the original film of The Italian Job does the bus fall?

No. The fuel is consumed, the back of the bus gets lighter, the front tips down and they drive off.

Â