January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

so martinez isn't good enough for that level then? because unless i'm mistaken he's not had any credible links with any of the scum 6 sides or top european sides either

it's a bizarre method of judging ability IMO

Emi has had quite a few links to Man Utd last month, he also had links to other clubs in the summer

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

He may not have been at fault for the goal following Sanson's pass but do u not think he could have done more to stop Bruno? 

Luiz was at fault for not stopping Bruno. It's amazing how people see something once and have a different view of what they saw. Go back and watch it, Mings closes down quickly and don't lunge in, he stands up. He would probably have got a red had he taken him out. 

Luiz never looks left to check who is behind him and doesn't sprint back to cover off the pass to Bruno. Sanson makes first mistake, Mings and Konsa do their jobs and Luiz is ball watching. 

Pause at 1:47 and look at Luiz and hit play.

Coutinho completes Villa comeback in dream debut 💥 | Aston Villa 2-2 Man Utd | Premier League Highlights - YouTube

• Like 2

Just now, CVByrne said:

Luiz was at fault for not stopping Bruno. It's amazing how people see something once and have a different view of what they saw. Go back and watch it, Mings closes down quickly and don't lunge in, he stands up. He would probably have got a red had he taken him out. 

Luiz never looks left to check who is behind him and doesn't sprint back to cover off the pass to Bruno. Sanson makes first mistake, Mings and Konsa do their jobs and Luiz is ball watching. 

Coutinho completes Villa comeback in dream debut 💥 | Aston Villa 2-2 Man Utd | Premier League Highlights - YouTube

I didn't say Luiz wasn't at fault too. I asked if you thought Mings could have done more. I do believe he could. As Roy Keane said (not sure of the exact wording) but Mings could have tried to take Bruno out

• Like 1

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

I didn't say Luiz wasn't at fault too. I asked if you thought Mings could have done more. I do believe he could. As Roy Keane said (not sure of the exact wording) but Mings could have tried to take Bruno out

Please rewatch it and tell me how he can take Bruno out without giving away a Penalty? I assume you mean Fred and no I think Mings would have been given a red card as he's last man at that point with Fred running towards goal. Mings did the right thing, stood up and didn't lunge forcing Fred to pass. Had Luiz done his job (like Konsa did with Cavani) then it's no goal. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Emi has had quite a few links to Man Utd last month, he also had links to other clubs in the summer

missed them then. still a stupid way of judging player ability though IMO

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

missed them then. still a stupid way of judging player ability though IMO

Adama has been linked to Liverpool and Spurs. Superior player to Emi who was only linked to Arsenal 

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Last year we had Doug DM most games and kept 15 clean sheets.

So we should keep him as DM then?

If that was the only single factor.....and it is debatable, if in fact Dougie was better last year, or, were other contributing players better.

Remember, correlation does not imply causation.

If in fact you are right, its doubtful we would be reportedly willing to spend big, on a new one...and it also a factor that Marv was in the "pound seats" when he got his injury.

Given how ambitious we have been in this window so far, the lack of noise around any new signings in either the CB or DM positions suggests to me that we're working on something pretty big. Gerrard knows what he wants, and I would have expected us to have signed players in those positions if they weren't really tough to sign.

1 minute ago, Mazrim said:

Adama Traore is a bodybuilder with the brain of a Jack Russell. Once Buendia is settled in, which is already properly happening now, he'll be streets ahead.

No comparison. Adama should be playing Rugby Football (union) on the wing.

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

It looks to me like Luiz's initial expectation is Mings will get to the ball and he's looking to provide a outlet, see him gesturing to Mings. Obviously he's misjudged this at first and by the time he looks to cover its too late, but can understand if he thought Mings was getting there why he held the position he did initially. It's a mistake but more of initial misjudgement of the situation rather than ball watching.

Only 2 teams, Norwich & Watford have lost more games than us, to date, this season...4 more and we will equal last season.

We have just signed a predominantly attacking full back and are linked with Luis Suarez, another attacker.

Our midfield is also predominantly of an attacking nature.

When are we going to sign some players, who can help us keep the ball out of our net?