January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

1 minute ago, Tommo_b said:

It’s really refreshing to being not just linked but strongly linked to actual high quality players. 

imagine Coutinho, digne, Bissouma coming in this window.

Two down one to go. SKY Sports won’t know where to turn. 😉🤣

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, useless said:

He's available to buy or on loan, if we've got a chance for Bissouma then we will have a chance for Ndombele, probably even more so. I think the biggest question mark with him is how suitable of a replacement/upgrade would he be on Nakamba, he's perhaps more similar to Luiz, certainly not an out and out DM, even though he has played there a decent amount of times. I remember watching him for Lyon and being very impressed, I thought he was going to be a big signing for Spurs.

I wouldn’t even take him on loan. My view in the summer was if he’s not motivated by mourinho in London in that new stadium with the facilities they have then who or what’s going to motivate him. Now Contes there and it’s the same story. Don’t want a player like that in the team 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, IrishVilla10 said:

Just because it hasn’t been done yet doesn’t make this the case

On the phone to barca while emailing Brighton... Thats just how lange rolls

Us not signing one just means that we can't get the one that we want and we're not going to pay for one that we don't, the media don't know much about us so nothing is leaking or linking, that's not a problem imo 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Us not signing one just means that we can't get the one that we want and we're not going to pay for one that we don't, the media don't know much about us so nothing is leaking or linking, that's not a problem imo 

Could just be that the one we want is currently in Cameroon 🇨🇲?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

And a carrier pigeon on the way to Möchengladbach 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Even if we sign Digne, I wouldn't be surprised to see us still go for Hickey in the summer, as well as Targett has done I'm not sure it makes much sense having two left-backs in their late twenties. As we strengthen more and more we're going to have to say goodbye to a few old favorites.

• Like 2

Just now, useless said:

Even if we sign Digne, I wouldn't be surprised to see us still go for Hickey in the summer, as well as Targett has done I'm not sure it makes much sense having two left-backs in their late twenties. As we strengthen more and more we're going to have to say goodbye to a few old favorites.

Is Mings in that list?

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Targett is 26

I think it would be much harder to replace Mings than it would Targett, especially as it's not just about replacing him as a footballer but everything else he brings to the team. Maybe we will get there at some point but isn't something urgently needed.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Kind of looking like they didn't want to give Deano the money..... 

in fairness, we looked good after the summers business, but just shows how tough this division is, it finds your weakness and if you don’t come all guns blazing it’s all over. I think the start of the season has shown we need to make bigger jumps than we thought.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Villaphil said:

Anyone else get the feeling we’re splashing the cash up front, not convinced it will be as easy to beat NUFC to targets in the summer (if they stay up).  Thinking how City did for the Lerner dream of Champs League.

Yeah think we are doing what we should have actually done when the iron was hot and Man City et al just came in.

Instead, we tucked our tails between our legs and died a slow death.

We've had alot of the same setbacks as we have in the past, with these owners. I've always thought the difference will be, HOW they respond to these challenges, so far, they haven't shied away.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I wonder if we will still be interested in JWP in the summer. Rumour was he signed a new contract and put in a buy out clause so Southampton can get decent money for him. Same agent as Grealish, so could be bang on,

Can’t see it. I think we’ll sign a DM in this window and we won’t stunt the progress of Ramsey. 

This ship has sailed I’m afraid.

• Like 3