January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

Bissouma would be the best player we could possibly hope to sign in that deep lying midfield role. He's a fantastic player. 
I can't see it happening, and if it does, it will cost us £40m+. 

Bissouma and Hickey/Digne and it would be an unbelievable window. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

If we signed Bissouma, it would be the death knell of Luiz for me. But he'd be a huge signing. We'd have to be talking Europe next season

He's a much better player than Luiz. If we could sign Bissouma for £40m and sell Luiz for £20m, it would probably be good business and an upgrade.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, sne said:

Boubacar Kamara if possible is where I'd look if we want a DCM. 6 months left on his contract so low fee but tons of competition for his signature.

Bissouma is more of a 8 but would fit if we want to play the system Gerrard did at Rangers with a play maker 6 and 2 more physical 8's who wins the ball higher up the pitch.

Can't see Bissouma thou for obvious reasons.

Could also cover as 4th choice CB ahead of the youth for a few months. 

Agree about Bissouma. Great player, but people would have a shock when they realised he's not a 'DM'. Mind you there were plenty of people pining after McTominay and Billings as defensive midfielders.

I personally prefer a system with a playmaking 6 and the main energy/ball winners in front. Imo it's where we should have been playing Nakamba, so he could focus on winning the ball without having to worry about being positionally disciplined.

Edit - I should say before I get hammered that Bissouma has all the attributes to be an effective defensive midfielder, I just don't believe it makes the most of his abilities.

Edited by Sam-AVFC
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

If we signed Bissouma, it would be the death knell of Luiz for me. But he'd be a huge signing. We'd have to be talking Europe next season

I think Luiz has looked better on the left of the midfield with Nakamba playing in the middle this season. I think he'll play more as a 8 if we bring in a DM. Luiz just isn't a DM

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

You cannot ignore them.

Trippier was a statement signing, and I never thought in a million years thought they would be able to attract a player of that calibre so early.

I'd imagine he has a nice relegation clause tucked into his contract, as will most players they sign this window. 

The problem is, if the go down and have a new squad on huge contracts, regardless of how much money their owners have they'll do well to meet FPP in the Championship if they can't get rid of some of these signings.

Bissouma would be a fantastic signing.  Not much detail on his alleged offense, but from what I can gather it was in a busy nightclub so hopefully gropey not rapey...? 

Dopey and sneezy have refused to comment

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Could also cover as 4th choice CB ahead of the youth for a few months. 

Agree about Bissouma. Great player, but people would have a shock when they realised he's not a 'DM'. Mind you there were plenty of people pining after McTominay and Billings as defensive midfielders.

I personally prefer a system with a playmaking 6 and the main energy/ball winners in front. Imo it's where we should have been playing Nakamba, so he could focus on winning the ball without having to worry about being politically disciplined.

Edit - I should say before I get hammered that Bissouma has all the attributes to be an effective defensive midfielder, I just don't believe it makes the most of his abilities.

Exactly! 100% agree.

Just now, PieFacE said:

I think Luiz has looked better on the left of the midfield with Nakamba playing in the middle this season. I think he'll play more as a 8 if we bring in a DM. Luiz just isn't a DM

Nor is Bissouma that was my point. If we sign a DM, then there is room in the squad but that isn't really Bissoumas role. He

Maybe that's how he would get used, but can't see us spending that money and using him wrong...maybe we change system. But for me, him joining would mean uslosing Luiz in the summer.

I'd still love him here. But I think we'd sell Luiz as a result which would be a shame. 

If we can get and keep both- superb.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Adman said:

Bissouma would be a fantastic signing.  Not much detail on his alleged offense, but from what I can gather it was in a busy nightclub so hopefully gropey not rapey...? 

Dopey and sneezy have refused to comment

Hopefully it was gropey if we're trying to sign him, but rapey if we're not interested in him.

45 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Think CB will be a loan and it'll be an Axel replacement rather than a real first team contender. 

LB could be a loan too if we go for Digne. 

Not sure Everton will loan Digne, they need the money for FFP. They were already close to the line before Januaru and have signed two players since. They need to sell him.

10 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He's a much better player than Luiz. If we could sign Bissouma for £40m and sell Luiz for £20m, it would probably be good business and an upgrade.

It would be good business I just like Luiz. That's going to be the way it goes sometimes now though, we're going to have to get used to letting good, talented players go - and for once it being a good move from the club rather than having the soul sucked out of the club everytime we sell a good player Nd having to go through 2 'transition' seasons every time.

Will be a nice change even if it takes getting used to!

Every time I've watched Brighton Bissouma has always played as a DM, he's good on the ball, can run with it, and is a good passer, he might not be a DM in the old fashioned sense of the word, but he's always Brighton's most defensively minded midfielder. He's kind of similar to Kante the way he plays.

• Like 1

It's just going to get to the point where we're going to need to think about offloading players now. 
If we are interested in Bissouma, and we were to sign him (I know, I know), then you'd imagine that would be the end for players like Sanson and Luiz because McGinn and Ramsey are going nowhere. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple of players who are highly thought of on here, leave in the next 6 months and replaced with someone the club thinks is better,