January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

21 minutes ago, av1 said:

Apologies for going off topic again, but as he is someone that is regarded highly, when is Bissoumas (sp?) court case?

I ask because obviously he won’t be moving till it’s concluded. 

There’s nothing official to suggest he’s been charged or even under investigation for offences. 

He’s a cracking player but will surely move to a bigger team than us - I imagine any of the top teams (barring city) would like him in their squads. 

4 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

There’s nothing official to suggest he’s been charged or even under investigation for offences. 

He’s a cracking player but will surely move to a bigger team than us - I imagine any of the top teams (barring city) would like him in their squads. 

He has to answer bail on the 5th Jan.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, useless said:

We're being linked with a move for Oriol Romeu as a DM.

interesting link, good player, very good defensive midfielder, 30 yrs old tho so!?

You know who i have been impressed with at Saints tho, Armando Broja (20 yrs old, striker, 6ft 3, skilful), he looks like a player, on loan to Saints from Chelsea tho.

Im happy we didnt sign JWP tho, looking at our squad, we have no 8s coming out of our a**, we need a proper 6 for sure.

Edited by MaVilla

11 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

I don’t see any reason that Bissouma would move from Brighton to us. He will have offers from clubs much higher than us 

I also would stay away from the situation until there is more clarity

Regardless of the outcome of the court case I think the big clubs would steer clear. Rightly or wrongly, I think this is something that will impact his potential moves throughout his career

2 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Regardless of the outcome of the court case I think the big clubs would steer clear. Rightly or wrongly, I think this is something that will impact his potential moves throughout his career

He hasn’t been charged with anything yet so there might not be a court case. If he faces no further police action, it will be forgotten about fast and yes, he will go to one of the big 4-6.

1 minute ago, WallisFrizz said:

He hasn’t been charged with anything yet so there might not be a court case. If he faces no further police action, it will be forgotten about fast and yes, he will go to one of the big 4-6.

I think potential buyers from big clubs would be concerned about it. It would be a big money transfer and lengthy and big contract. Clubs don't like too much risk and I think they would look for an alternative player without the baggage. I appreciate there may be no substance to the claims but when the numbers are so big I think clubs will look for less perceived risk

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

I think potential buyers from big clubs would be concerned about it. It would be a big money transfer and lengthy and big contract. Clubs don't like too much risk and I think they would look for an alternative player without the baggage. I appreciate there may be no substance to the claims but when the numbers are so big I think clubs will look for less perceived risk

You reckon? We just sold an absolute liability of a party boy for £100 million quid.

Just now, WallisFrizz said:

You reckon? We just sold an absolute liability of a party boy for £100 million quid.

Party boy is a completely different risk tho and I think clubs feel they can manage that type of situation better. It the the other stuff that it a red line I think. Maybe I am wrong on this but it is just the way I see it. Too many clubs have got stung big time with this. Yes, this is an extreme example but City are still paying Mendy's wages and will not see anything back on the 57m transfer fee. The only option they will have (if he is found guilty) is to pursue a case against him directly to claim money back. Its a situation no club wants to get into imo

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Party boy is a completely different risk tho and I think clubs feel they can manage that type of situation better. It the the other stuff that it a red line I think. Maybe I am wrong on this but it is just the way I see it. Too many clubs have got stung big time with this. Yes, this is an extreme example but City are still paying Mendy's wages and will not see anything back on the 57m transfer fee. The only option they will have (if he is found guilty) is to pursue a case against him directly to claim money back. Its a situation no club wants to get into imo

Man United (or football in general) didn’t consider CR7’s proven payoff of a rape accuser any sort of red line so I’d say they’re unlikely to take any moral stance on Bissouma either.

Just now, VillaFaninLondon said:

Martinez is 29 too. Suppose we should get rid of him then.

a bit of a moot arguement, goalkeepers can comfortably be at the peak in to their mid or even late 30's. so cant be compared to outfield players generally.

tbh tho, i would be open to Tagliafico or Digne, heavily depending on the cost etc, as hopefully we will in time have players like Chrisene and Hayden coming through at full back, so 2-3 years of more senior players might be a good move, although we tried that with Ings recently and that hasnt worked out so well as yet unfortunately.

• Like 1