Villa Park - Atmosphere [merged]

MaVilla

Posted (edited)

Villa Park is like me with my missus, can only be assed to get it up for special occasions.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Haha 3

On 13/03/2024 at 20:49, T-Dog said:

What happened to Brigada and B6 out of interest?

Brigada made a lot of enemies within our (unfortunately still substantial) neanderthal element with their anti-fascist stance and were effectively banned from attending Villa Park while Lerner was still in charge. A few of the lads still go to the games, just not as an organised group.

Always found B6 Project pretty cringy tbh, crowdfunding to get banners printed, it's always felt a bit plastic to me. Not sure why they've given up, but they only ever got a lukewarm reception from the fans in general IMO

Edited by icouldtelltheworld

2 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Brigada made a a lot of enemies within our (unfortunately still substantial) neanderthal element with their anti-fascist stance and were effectively banned from attending Villa Park while Lerner was still in charge. A few of the lads still go to the games, just not as an organised group.

Always found B6 Project pretty cringy tbh, crowdfunding to get banners printed, it's always felt a bit plastic to me. Not sure why they've given up, but they only ever got a lukewarm reception from the fans in general IMO

I didn't realise that about Brigada, shame that.

23 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If this is real it’s a shocking way to respond to a fans group.  

If that is real, then that whoever wrote that should be sacked. Unless they did raise it at a more senior level and that was a polite way of saying that Heck and co don’t want to know… in which case Heck and co should be sacked.

• Like 2

I thought it was good tonight - the opening ten minutes especially were really loud and we didn't hear a peep out of Ajax from the far end of the Doug Ellis until after half an hour.

• Like 2

Shocked by the comments that it was quiet. Certainly by far and away the best atmosphere since City & Arsenal at home. Couldn't tell you the last time I stood all game in the upper Holte either (if ever & I've sat there for over 5 years now). The safe standing can't come soon enough tbh.

• Like 4

I was in Upper Trinity and I heard a girl behind say ‘people don’t sing much here’ but it was probably the loudest I’ve heard the U T for a few years.

9 hours ago, Milfner said:

Shocked by the comments that it was quiet. Certainly by far and away the best atmosphere since City & Arsenal at home. Couldn't tell you the last time I stood all game in the upper Holte either (if ever & I've sat there for over 5 years now). The safe standing can't come soon enough tbh.

I just assumed the entire Upper Holte stood all game like the Lower does. 

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

I just assumed the entire Upper Holte stood all game like the Lower does. 

Probably the back 10 rows I'd say? I'm on row 20 and will very rarely stand up all game.

I think it would be really good in a couple of the home games we have in the run in for Mings and or Buendia to come out onto the pitch say 10 mins before kick off and say a few words to the fans. That would create a real atmosphere and togetherness for those key fixtures.

• Like 1

On 15/03/2024 at 10:09, Milfner said:

Probably the back 10 rows I'd say? I'm on row 20 and will very rarely stand up all game.

I am in row 27 Upper Holte K5 and NEVER sit during a game, just feels wrong😉.

I become much more engaged with the game whilst standing compared to sitting, mind you I feel knackered after the final whistle - feel like I have played for 90 mins 😂

• Like 1

On 21/03/2024 at 14:11, wedge said:

Seems like good news on this topic, from John Townley today: https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-set-meeting-booming-28860741

Hope the meeting with the club goes well!

Apologies for the double post but for those who are interested I believe the meeting has occurred and gone well, but as @OutByEaster? I'm sure will back me up on as a regular FAB meeting attendee, no details or minutes can be released until the club say so.

1 hour ago, wedge said:

Apologies for the double post but for those who are interested I believe the meeting has occurred and gone well, but as @OutByEaster? I'm sure will back me up on as a regular FAB meeting attendee, no details or minutes can be released until the club say so.

To be honest, on this one I have no idea - it was a meeting for the club with a specific group and the FAB weren't involved. The meeting that the FAB had scheduled with the club on 27th has been postponed and I'm not sure if this one went ahead either.

Â