Villa Park - Atmosphere [merged]

MaVilla

12 minutes ago, sidcow said:

The huge round of booing when Southgate appeared on the screens was a moment of perfection. 

Bit of mischief from the Villa big screen person. A bit like when they put Artera’s sour face in the stands on the screen after we scored against Arsenal. 

• Like 1

The pre kick off atmosphere was trying to get off the ground, but from where we were in lower Doug the bloody music was just too loud.

Ratboy was given an allowable amount of abuse, I felt bad when I shouted Oi Fatty at Shaw after realising I was surrounded by larger people, even my lad said Daddy you're just as fat... other than that I didnt hear anything particularly bad or aggressive. There must have been summat going on behind me cos the K2 folk were up and down all the time

On 10/02/2024 at 19:52, Wurzel said:

I know I shouldn't post this because I have been attacked for sticking up for the fans in the past on Twitter, but this does really grind my gears a bit. Villa fans do support their side, they just do, and to say otherwise is just not true. They will show their irritation if they feel that players are not putting in the effort or giving everything to turn games around. This is the same for all home crowds around the country, Villa is no different. IMO it is up to the players to perform, after all they are the one's being paid to play not the one's paying to watch football. I know that when it is your own club it always seems to be that your own fans are terrible, but that just isn't true. So my message to the Villa players and staff is do your best, do everything you can to win the game , and the Villa faithful will back you 100%.

ditto.

I think the fans are Great.....and the Holte End is a raucous din....I applaud them.

I was Hoarse after that, in the Doug Ellis,  mainly cussing the Ref.

2 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

What happened? Every group that comes along seems to go the same way? Are the club not supporting these groups or what?

Nope. All "in-house". And Project B6 says that they don't even get replies from the club anymore.

10 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Off the pitch the club is a disgrace. So sick of hearing stuff like this

Going to be fun see them justify the inevitable price hikes next season on top of more corporate stuff.

Especially given there is a enhanced chance of no champions league to boost income now.

• Like 1

what ever happens with this new group i hope that there's never a drummer allowed anywhere near VP.

Watching the Palace game and listening the that bloody drummer is just so annoying.

Create an atmosphere, yes, but shove the drum sticks right up your jacksie 

19 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Off the pitch the club is a disgrace. So sick of hearing stuff like this

It's so disheartening. Got fans who love the club so much that they're willing to plough in hundreds of hours and presumably a quite a lot of money on all these ideas and flags to improve the atmosphere *for the club* just to be told to do one. Not even having the gall to tell B6 that they're not interested (despite their only new idea recently being a "mobile light show") is such a shame.

Not even really an atmosphere thing at this point, just another entry in the catalogue of eyebrow-raising off the pitch decisions made by the club as of late. At least the business department and the sporting department are ran under separate teams nowadays.

Edited by wishywashy
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Crowd was nervous it looks like it  transferred to the players.

If we ever are gonna take take the next step the mentality has to change and that includes the fans too.

Edited by Pinebro
  • Like 2

Our fans are crap. Biggest game of the season and it’s quiet as ****. I was booing their possession by myself and my daughter had to tell me to stop because no one is going to join in.

I was sober too.  

Forget the shit songs. Just intimate the opponent for ffs. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Â