Villa Park - Atmosphere [merged]

MaVilla

It's really difficult one to fix because of the emotion of simply watching and waiting for something to happen. Everyone gets sucked into the game and forgets to contribute to the atmosphere. Whereas other fans regards of a what is happening on the pitch just keep singing and singing. 

Think it's a good idea having a snack section of ultras in the stadium. The Bosnia team we played had such an amazing away support. Did put our home atmosphere to shame.

55 minutes ago, supermon said:

It's really difficult one to fix because of the emotion of simply watching and waiting for something to happen. Everyone gets sucked into the game and forgets to contribute to the atmosphere. Whereas other fans regards of a what is happening on the pitch just keep singing and singing. 

Think it's a good idea having a snack section of ultras in the stadium. The Bosnia team we played had such an amazing away support. Did put our home atmosphere to shame.

If we played Barcelona away, I'm sure our section of away fans wouldn't stop. It's equivalent ratios of the size of the opponent versus your club.

Home support, is a very different ask in the reverse scenario.  Barca fans aren't going to care much about playing us and will likely have a worse atmosphere than when they play Madrid.

Didn't help us playing a 90% second choice team for that match either, and looking largely toothless for 80 minutes.

7 hours ago, Mic09 said:

Much like other English grounds, games at VP are a family occasion.

Which is great, kids should enjoy football with their families.

What would fix the issue of well, a family picnic atmosphere, is a small ultras group in the lower North, or preferably lower Holte as North will be closing. Get that jumping up and down all game, get people singing and chanting. Get some flags etc. 

If someone wants to have their pie in witton or trinity, no issue with that. But let's get 2k fans who like to get a bit warmer in the winter months. 

Do we have any Project B6 representatives on the forum?  

The Project B6 thread is now on the front page of this forum, a brilliant tribute in the form of the banner and phone torch display from them last night, I saw on social media they are trying to organise a tifo response to Legia's 'Jungle' themed display against us for the return match in three weeks at Villa Park.

I actually thought the atmosphere last night was one of the best of the season, I brought one of my best mates along who's not a Villa fan for his first time in the Holte End and his comment was it was 'noisy'...

I agree with @Demitri_C though and we said this frequently last night, we really need to be like it's a game against SHA against Legia, I admire the expense and distance they travelled midweek to support their team but I was actually a bit disappointed at how quiet the AZ fans were last night, Legia will be on a different planet support-wise, will be a tasty one for sure!

9 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

A lot of excuses on here why our atmosphere is poor . I honestly think it’s because we are not a very loud fanbase at home and this has been going on for years now. We are just shit at getting behind the team .

I remember reading that book Headhunters in which the author said Villa Park was all well behaved families. 😃 

52 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Atmosphere needs to be far better vs legia. Its a huge game. We need to make this feel like a intimidating place to com for them

Treat it like its a derby

You've got a few weeks to make some banners and buy a trumpet!

Feel like the lack of blood and thunder in this Villa side plays a bit of a role in keeping it quiet.

It's very technical, beautiful to watch and off the ball, we're still technical and trapping and tricking teams.

No flying scissor tackles or back against the wall defending. No wave and wave of attacks just pummeling balls into the box.

I suppose you don't cheer nearly as loud at the orchestra as you do a rock concert.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

I remember reading that book Headhunters in which the author said Villa Park was all well behaved families. 😃 

Yeah I know the book you’re on about. They said they couldn’t have got a reaction at Villa park that day no matter what they did. 

i think its 100% the type of football , its quite difficult to have an aggressive atmosphere when we play the ball around at such a slow pace , i don' think its anything to do with our fans being poor , when the football is blood and thunder villa park is as loud as anywhere.

8 hours ago, turvontour said:

I've thought that the Holte atmosphere, and subsequently the grounds atmosphere hasn't been as good since we have had a lot of vocal fans now down in the lower north by the away fans, so since that changed about 15 to 20 years ago. As I think that was a lot of the vocal fans from the holte end that moved. I think there has also been a lot more vocal fans spread further around the ground in recent years, maybe because of cheaper seats, rather than being in the holte end.

It's kind of backed up by the fact that all parts of the stadium now sing when the atmosphere is good. When I was a kid and i sat near the tunnel in the lower trinity, I just used to watch and listen to the holte end for songs and atmosphere, as next to no one sang in the trinity back then. 

The north lower is shit 

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I don’t like family atmospheres. I’d rather it be borderline aggressive than too friendly 

I agree 100%, unfortunately I think we're in the minority and this is certainly not the thinking of the clubs or authorities!

• Like 1

Solution is to test for alcohol at the turnstiles and only allow people, basically 9 and above, entry if they smell strongly of booze and if they can walk in a straight line refuse entry and removal of season ticket.

Replace toilet roll dispensers with full bog rolls that can be acquired and thrown on the pitch

Place the away section right next to the bottom right of the Holte end  and encourage 'change days'  in the Villa lower right Holte to lob at the aforementioned away fans 

In the section next to the away fans in the DE have a section for certified previously convicted Steamers, C - Crew Youth and Hardcore  hooligans

Sorted 

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I don’t like family atmospheres. I’d rather it be borderline aggressive than too friendly 

Depends what you mean. Our fans seem to have got so used to being aggressive towards our own players over the years they’re unsure how to react now they are playing well every other week. 

Some aggression towards the opposition would be ok.  (Not in the family stand though).

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Solution is to test for alcohol at the turnstiles and only allow people, basically 9 and above, entry if they smell strongly of booze and if they can walk in a straight line refuse entry and removal of season ticket.

Replace toilet roll dispensers with full bog rolls that can be acquired and thrown on the pitch

Place the away section right next to the bottom right of the Holte end  and encourage 'change days'  in the Villa lower right Holte to lob at the aforementioned away fans 

In the section next to the away fans in the DE have a section for certified previously convicted Steamers, C - Crew Youth and Hardcore  hooligans

Sorted 

This guy gets it 

• Thanks 1

Â