Villa Park - Atmosphere [merged]

MaVilla

7 hours ago, spiezels said:

I think an ultra style or singing section would be a good shout that way people can choose to buy their season ticket there or game ticket and get stuck in.

The Scot’s are British and they have some amazing ultra groups / general mint atmospheres and they certainly ent “continental” 

Would love the club to encourage it. One small singing section of the lower / upper Holte would in no doubt help the rest of the ground get going

and what happens to the old couple in their 70s that have had the same seat for the last 20 years? i do think it's asking for trouble...people will be moved out of their seats due to this singing section. and whenever the atmosphere is a bit off, fingers will be pointed at them

the atmosphere is fine. i really believe it is. it was a bit off at brighton and the morstar game was never going to have the atmosphere that we had when we played ajax but i honestly think it's a non issue.

Not sure if there is a house growing weed on witton road or something, but the only thing I could smell walking to and away from the ground at full time was the stench of weed in aston 🤣

the youth don’t get on the booze so much these days from what I’ve seen so that could affect the atmosphere too! 

12 hours ago, spiezels said:

Would love the club to encourage it. One small singing section of the lower / upper Holte would in no doubt help the rest of the ground get going

The Holte sings anyway - the real benefit to doing this would be to put it elsewhere in the ground.

Going to sound controversial here but I think other than the Allez chant the rest of our chants are pretty shit. They're all very novel and similar, non sound intimidating like how Legia did and how the midweek European teams had. 

The only one that the whole grounds sings in unison and gives chills is the "hi ho Aston Villa"

• Like 3

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think that's probably the main difference between English and European atmospheres

Another one is that here the crowd reflects the game and state of the game more, which is completely different to the ultras type thing. Here the crowds react and follow the flow of the game to a greater degree, over in that there abroadia while of course that also happens, it’s maybe less linked?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Not sure if there is a house growing weed on witton road or something, but the only thing I could smell walking to and away from the ground at full time was the stench of weed in aston 🤣

the youth don’t get on the booze so much these days from what I’ve seen so that could affect the atmosphere too! 

Maybe that's why the atmosphere is flat? everyone is drowsy 😂

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Villatillidie95 said:

At least it masks the lakes of piss

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Villatillidie95 said:

I sat at Doug Ellis stand for the European game and I swear I could smell weed at one point!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, supermon said:

Going to sound controversial here but I think other than the Allez chant the rest of our chants are pretty shit. They're all very novel and similar, non sound intimidating like how Legia did and how the midweek European teams had. 

The only one that the whole grounds sings in unison and gives chills is the "hi ho Aston Villa"

Reminds a bit like Liverpool who sing the same boring shite week in week out.

12 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Reminds a bit like Liverpool who sing the same boring shite week in week out.

Didn't we take it from them? Which I remember a lot of people moaned about when it first started kicking off. 

14 hours ago, tomav84 said:

and what happens to the old couple in their 70s that have had the same seat for the last 20 years? i do think it's asking for trouble...people will be moved out of their seats due to this singing section. and whenever the atmosphere is a bit off, fingers will be pointed at them

the atmosphere is fine. i really believe it is. it was a bit off at brighton and the morstar game was never going to have the atmosphere that we had when we played ajax but i honestly think it's a non issue.

I honestly don’t care. They’re obviously as valuable as any fan, but making someone sit somewhere else to make room for a singing section is a sacrifice I make every day of the week without even a hint of hesitation. They can enjoy the game just as much from another seat, and a proper atmosphere (which improves the experience for everyone) requires organisation. Not having a designated singing section is absolutely nuts imo. 

5 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think that's probably the main difference between English and European atmospheres.

it's a sweeping generalisation i know, but the point it seems in Europe is to intimidate, to appear scary in masks with fire and deep throated cries of war - the English game left that behind after the eighties, we opened the game up to women, kids, different types of audiences - took away the hooligan culture - we're all bantz. Europe hasn't done that, so you get these magnificent displays of threatening intimidation - but you also get Nazi salutes, stabbings and terrace violence. I think we've moved on - and yes, you could argue as a result we've lost something, but I think we've gained an awful lot too.

Woah, there. 

You can have one section/stand for ultras (some of whom might occassionally don a mask or balaclava) who chant intimidatingingly (but also with humour and positivity) and have a pyro display or two, while at the same time have the rest of the ground available to kids, families, old folks and everyone else. You don’t think the game is open to kids and women in Scotland, Germany, Scandinavia, Belgium, Holland and so on? Do you really think ultras culture causes nazi salutes and stabbings? I mean, come on. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, El Zen said:

I honestly don’t care. They’re obviously as valuable as any fan, but making someone sit somewhere else to make room for a singing section is a sacrifice I make every day of the week without even a hint of hesitation. They can enjoy the game just as much from another seat, and a proper atmosphere (which improves the experience for everyone) requires organisation. Not having a designated singing section is absolutely nuts imo. 

Very immature comment to be honest, you not believing people are singing enough isn’t a valid reason to want to kick other fans out of their seats. Every fan has the right to experience the game as they want.

As for a “singing section”, the concept is pretty cringeworthy and besides, everyone knows the atmosphere comes from the Holte End so in a sense we already have a “signing section”, as that’s where all the fans who want to be part of the atmosphere will naturally go.

The atmosphere’s can be improved but there’s a lot more to it than such contrived ideas as “singing sections”.

• Like 1

lets just bring in the voovoo zaylers, then nobody will even need to sing due to the deafening din.....

heck, maybe we could have a specific type of voovoo zayler that makes a "threatening sound".......

😜

4 hours ago, El Zen said:

I honestly don’t care. They’re obviously as valuable as any fan, but making someone sit somewhere else to make room for a singing section is a sacrifice I make every day of the week without even a hint of hesitation. They can enjoy the game just as much from another seat, and a proper atmosphere (which improves the experience for everyone) requires organisation.

This is just plain dumb!  We’ve built friendships of those around us and part of the experience is catching up on match day.  We don’t meet outside of the ground but are kin in those 90 minutes, catching on life but mostly Villa.  

We’ve suffered together, we’ve chanted together, we’ve celebrated together during those games, season after season.  We love our seats yet people who don’t go want to move us/split us because of some idea they have.  

We have paid our dues, we have logged many hours at the ground, we are a little pockets of community in ground for years…and you’d break that up in a heartbeat…something wrong with that.

• Like 1

Â