Villa Park - Atmosphere [merged]

MaVilla

Yes i enjoyed the game and atmosphere a lot yday, for me it was just as good as the first game back in the prem, if not better. The north stand upper was singing a lot and loud for most of the game, i did wish we stood up more though and not just when the ball came near us! on the way back to star city there was a lot of fans singing too which was nice to see. Its one of those rare times as a villa fan that we can go into the off season really optimistic for what is to come, with the ownership and stewardship of the club now i think its safe to say we will have many more summers like this one!

• Like 1

It was amazing, felt like a play-off final at Wembley style day, as in, everyone up for it, singing their hearts out all around the streets, train stations, pubs, concourse and welcoming the team bus with pyro etc, the days you dream of when things have been bad as we've all known with relegation etc.

Now imagine what it's going to be like when Juventus come and visit B6 on a dark Thursday night in November...:flag: 😉

• Like 2

Yes, at times it was thunderous yesterday. 

Really really got to get new songs though. 

Was actually refreshing when just Villa, Villa, Villa, Villa came out. 

We don't even do Villa, clap clap clap anymore. 

It's like Every week we follow comes out because they can't think of anything else to do. 

It's all there, the noise, the positivity, the atmosphere. Just some new songs, or old ones TBAR or Roll Along. 

• 2 months later...

No idea where to put this but Thriller was the first album I ever got as a kid for Christmas when I was six.  Just saw this on Twitter and I don’t know whether it’s because I just read this forum but I’m sure MJ is saying Villa….😉 

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, nick76 said:

No idea where to put this but Thriller was the first album I ever got as a kid for Christmas when I was six.  Just saw this on Twitter and I don’t know whether it’s because I just read this forum but I’m sure MJ is saying Villa….😉 

I remember Lenny Henry doing a send up of this when the Zombie characters were fans of Aston Villa (as it rhymes with Thriller i guess). 

• Like 1

Just now, Hev said:

I remember Lenny Henry doing a send up of this when the Zombie characters were fans of Aston Villa (as it rhymes with Thriller i guess). 

Really! I’ll have to look for that to see if it’s on the internet depths somewhere, thanks.

55 minutes ago, Stratvillan said:

used to watch Porridge for the references to Villa.

Remember there was a brilliant scene in spooks referencing the mighty Villa. 

And Line of Duty 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The atmosphere was poor but the music before the game does my head in. Turn it off 10-15 mins before KO and let the atmosphere build, it's insanely loud you can barely hear the person next to you. 

I remember back in the MON days we'd get a chant going for each player in the 3-4 mins before KO and they'd clap the Holte, surprised if they can even hear it now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chine said:

I’m on holiday atm and watched the game on sky , I know they do some form of crowd noice cancelling , I’m hoping that was the case today or was it really that quiet ?

Annoys me how the TV mics are seemingly placed right next to the away end, it's done my head in for years, I didn't hear a peep out of the Everton fans today but it's all you can hear when you watch it back on Sky! 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

The atmosphere was poor but the music before the game does my head in. Turn it off 10-15 mins before KO and let the atmosphere build, it's insanely loud you can barely hear the person next to you. 

I remember back in the MON days we'd get a chant going for each player in the 3-4 mins before KO and they'd clap the Holte, surprised if they can even hear it now.

They even blasted us with it at half-time too  - no chance to discuss the game with my dad.

(Also, I thought the atmosphere was pretty poor today).

Edited by Deano & Dalian's Umbrella

Â