Increasing Club Revenue

hippo

3 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I’d be f’in annoyed if we allowed Coca Cola to have a meeting with Ratcliffe at VP. 
If it is for us, shirt sponsor? , you’d expect they’d be paying big bucks for that, but knowing our luck the PL would stop advertising sugary drinks 

I'm not sure how we'd stop him doing it if he had the box and invited them, would be very weird for him to do so though 

They're already partners of spurs and Liverpool 

And looking at Liverpools list of official partners is a nice reminder of how far off we are and just how much whoring goes on in football

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

I’d be f’in annoyed if we allowed Coca Cola to have a meeting with Ratcliffe at VP. 
If it is for us, shirt sponsor? , you’d expect they’d be paying big bucks for that, but knowing our luck the PL would stop advertising sugary drinks 

Obviously, it is for a massive 30th anniversary of the Coca-Cola Cup win versus Newton Heath.

I expect a huge cola fountain on display in front of the lower grounds at the end of the season. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, thabucks said:

The goal post roof supports for the Holte & North stands are to be turned into giant coke bottles ! 

IMG_9493.jpeg

IMG_9494.jpeg

IMG_9495.jpeg

£20 a head to climb to the top of it. We'd be top of the revenue table in no time. No brainer for me

Edited by PeterSw

Spurs are third in Europe for money generated per match. We are at a very interesting junction at Villa. I honestly don't see how we can ever be more than mid table club without a full renovation of Villa Park. Either that or we just build a modern new stadium complex. It's the only way we become a stable club unreliant on sugar daddy owners to propel us forward. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rightdm00 said:

Spurs are third in Europe for money generated per match. We are at a very interesting junction at Villa. I honestly don't see how we can ever be more than mid table club without a full renovation of Villa Park. Either that or we just build a modern new stadium complex.

We must be around 40th with even shitty clubs like West Ham getting more matchday revenue than Villa.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ender4 said:

We must be around 40th with even shitty clubs like West Ham getting more matchday revenue than Villa.

Not only that but we have the highest wage to turnover rate of the top 20 revenue generating clubs in Europe. This isn't sustainable without a large increase in revenue from a modern stadium and/or consistent champions League run. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

£71 a game?! That's madness 

Interesting to see a proper breakdown of it, if it's day trippers buying merch, if it's the prices being sky high or if they've created a space that fans want to be in and spend longer there 

To me the lower grounds should have been that, VP has the problem that way too many fans want to get there at 2.59pm and walk out the second the final whistle goes (I'm guilty as charged) if we were at home today with a 3pm kick off where are villa fans watching the early and late kick off? It's not at VP, whereas I think spurs have done that 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ender4 said:

If I had a place to eat and drink before the match (with no entry to get in) and could get served at half-time, I’d easily spend an extra £40 without even noticing I was spending extra.

Instead I eat elsewhere away from the ground, get wasted before I even get to Aston and then buy nothing in/at the ground.  

I’ve been to the Spurs ground as a ‘home fan’ and I spent more in their ground than I’ve ever spent at VP. There were no real queues to buy stuff, there was space to chill and chat with mates whilst drinking, prices were a bit higher but after 3 drinks you don’t really notice. 
I would struggle to spend £19 at Villa Park even though I am willing to.

Yep, if villa somehow made a space where I could get there at 12, watch Brentford vs Liverpool, then watch Fulham vs villa, then watch man city vs Chelsea and leave at 8pm, get some half decent food and get served a good beer as easily as I could any local pub I'd happily spend the day and half my wages there 

Villa dont seem to understand that, they're competing with pubs in town, even my time spent in the Holte Suite they just didn't get it 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

too many fans want to get there at 2.59pm and walk out the second the final whistle goes

It's not really about 'want'. I'd love to spend more time there before and after the match, but my choices before the match are standing up in a packed concourse paying £6 for a pint of piss, or, well, that's about it. For warmer matches I've had a couple of cans in the park before I guess. 

After the match the choice is head straight out, or get thrown out of the stand and stand outside doing nothing. 

It's ridiculous how little effort the club make sometimes. 

Edited by blunther
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Yep, if villa somehow made a space where I could get there at 12, watch Brentford vs Liverpool, then watch Fulham vs villa, then watch man city vs Chelsea and leave at 8pm, get some half decent food and get served a good beer as easily as I could any local pub I'd happily spend the day and half my wages there 

Villa dont seem to understand that, they're competing with pubs in town, even my time spent in the Holte Suite they just didn't get it 

That's the modern stadium experience. You don't just build a stadium, you build the bars, restaurants, and hotels as well. Then the club gets a cut on everything spent not just what you spend in the stadium. 

What makes it all the more frustrating is that the club was clearly aware of the complete lack of reason to be at/spend at Villa Park before and after matches, and came up with a potential solution of sorts in the form of Villa Live. A big BOXPARK-like venue for people to stay at before and after games. A two-story bar and two-story cafe, a dedicated kids section, a club shop, and a 'heritage experience' (which I assume would be some sort of museum).

Then a notorious new President came in, and proceeded to "postpone" the Villa Live plan, with the solution being that the Club will instead launch 'The Warehouse', a smaller (and definitely cheaper) version of the idea, that'll just be retrofitted in the old academy building. I'm sure it'll be nice and all, but even just quickly comparing the plans you get the impression that Villa Live would have had much more to offer: the Warehouse consists of a food court and an 'events floor'.

And the watertight justification for this downscaling (that was submitted back in September)? It was that not having to demolish the Academy Building would mean the North Stand redevelopment would be quicker. No words.

Edited by wishywashy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Rightdm00 said:

Spurs are third in Europe for money generated per match. We are at a very interesting junction at Villa. I honestly don't see how we can ever be more than mid table club without a full renovation of Villa Park. Either that or we just build a modern new stadium complex. It's the only way we become a stable club unreliant on sugar daddy owners to propel us forward. 

Completely correct, the updated FFP rules for wages have seen to that.

9 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

I really don't believe these figures. Behind WOLVES? Do me a favour, we must have triple the corporate facilities they do. 

Dirty Leeds ahead of Spammers with the London premium and the modern stadiumm

All through the list things don't look right.

20 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I really don't believe these figures. Behind WOLVES? Do me a favour, we must have triple the corporate facilities they do. 

Dirty Leeds ahead of Spammers with the London premium and the modern stadiumm

All through the list things don't look right.

Yeah some of them do look unusual.

Looks like it was reported in the Sun (quality source!)

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/25904024/premierleague-matchday-revenues-tottenham/

Football finance expert Kieran Maguire has devised a method for calculating the money per supporter that clubs make on matchdays.

Using clubs' published accounts, Maguire divides matchday income by average attendance, then again by number of home games played.

He halves the figure for domestic cup games, given that gates are shared.

Tottenham are said to have earned £800,000 on matchdays from catering alone.

Their stadium opens two hours before kick-off, and at weekends often remains open for a further two hours after games.

The South Stand houses its own Beavertown microbrewery, while there are numerous different food outlets offering a wide range of cuisines.

Fans can also visit the Tottenham Experience - with the club boasting the biggest club shop in Europe.

10 hours ago, villa4europe said:

£71 a game?! That's madness 

Interesting to see a proper breakdown of it, if it's day trippers buying merch, if it's the prices being sky high or if they've created a space that fans want to be in and spend longer there 

To me the lower grounds should have been that, VP has the problem that way too many fans want to get there at 2.59pm and walk out the second the final whistle goes (I'm guilty as charged) if we were at home today with a 3pm kick off where are villa fans watching the early and late kick off? It's not at VP, whereas I think spurs have done that 

A lot of these "fans" will be daytripper tourists, on a short holiday, buying replica shirts of their international players, especially so at the sky 6.

Â