Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

5 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

That’s if you subtract not only the games where they played two up top, but also take away the games where Ings played central and Watkins out wide.

So basically you are saying Watkins has been hindering him and the Villa scoring goals.  

Harsh but fair! 😉

16 minutes ago, nick76 said:

So basically you are saying Watkins has been hindering him and the Villa scoring goals.  

Harsh but fair! 😉

Ings gets put off by Watkins scowling face! 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

I’d say it’s a 100 percent chance he starts tomorrow.

I thought that last week so while Gerrard has said they’ll be changes and one of those 100% should be Ings in for Watkins, I’ll be walking to the ground around team news time expecting the change but won’t be surprised if it doesn’t happen. 

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

It’ll be bitterly disappointing and unfair if he doesn’t get the start tomorrow.

No it wouldn't. He doesn't have the pace for Gerrards system. Think we should try Bailey uptop and get our 3 best attacking players on the pitch. 

• Shocked 1

7 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

No it wouldn't. He doesn't have the pace for Gerrards system. Think we should try Bailey uptop and get our 3 best attacking players on the pitch. 

He doesn’t need pace. He needs to be able to trap a ball, play a pass and finish chances. And he can do all three. I was all for Ollie up until the last few weeks/month. Ings deserves it

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

How is Gerrard’s system different from others so strikers must be quicker?

They need to provide at least some width. Work the channels, get in behind the defence and generally create space for the 2 Inside forwards to work in. 

19 hours ago, Zatman said:

Started as a lone striker 3 times this season and has scored in all 3 games

He absolutely needs to have a shot at starting with Coutinho and Emi2 playing behind him.  Just hope that if he does we can get enough quality service to the front three so that we can see how good they are.  When we get teams on the back foot and take the pressure off our midfield a bit we can look seriously good.

Â