Pre-Match Thread

maqroll

Well, we go again. With or without Jack Grealish. 

Can't wait to see Buendia and Bailey in claret and blue. 

Always tough to open the season away to a promoted side, and it always seems to happen to Villa.

That said, this isn't Villa of yesteryear. We will be too much for them.

0-2 win for the traveling team.

Watkins

AEG

The season seems to have come round real quick, probably because of the Euros  and the previous campaign finishing late. 

I’ve no idea whether Watford have signed anyone of note? I know we have though and I’d expect Buendia to start, hopefully Bailey too. I can see last year’s team being even better this season, even without Jack. Buendia feeding Watkins is a recipe for goals galore. A favourable run of games to start, beginning with an away win would be perfect. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

The season seems to have come round real quick, probably because of the Euros  and the previous campaign finishing late. 

I’ve no idea whether Watford have signed anyone of note? I know we have though and I’d expect Buendia to start, hopefully Bailey too. I can see last year’s team being even better this season, even without Jack. Buendia feeding Watkins is a recipe for goals galore. A favourable run of games to start, beginning with an away win would be perfect. 

image.thumb.png.5ab544b4701773d7ea69b9b4de5f0828.png

• Like 1

Really looking forward to this one, I reckon we will turn up to Vicarage Road brimming with confidence. I can't see anything other than a win. We need to fit Ash Young in the team somewhere and get him to crack in a freekick for old times sake, against his first love. The first 3 games are a real chance to get out of the blocks and show our intent to those who doubt us what we hope to achieve in the season.

The Villa Park atmosphere a week later for the Newcastle game should be absolutely buzzing, hopefully like that of the Everton 2-0 Victory, our first game back in the prem

I think this:

Emi

Cash     Konsa   Mings   Targett 

Luiz         McGinn

Buendia         Ings            Bailey

Ollie

• Like 2

14 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

I think this:

Emi

Cash     Konsa   Mings   Targett 

Luiz         McGinn

Buendia         Ings            Bailey

Ollie

This but with JWP in for Luiz as he'll be on holiday

• Like 1

My only concern with this first game is player availability.

Will Bailey be available to start?, he will prob come in to the squad a day or two before this game, will he be fit enough to start?

We wont have Luiz available.

We wont have Sanson i dont think? (still working up to fitness?)

Traore unavailable (injury)

Hopefully we get a couple of big signings in over the next 7 days......9 days until the Watford game!

Edited by MaVilla

36 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

My only concern with this first game is player availability.

Will Bailey be available to start?, he will prob come in to the squad a day or two before this game, will he be fit enough to start?

We wont have Luiz available.

We wont have Sanson i dont think? (still working up to fitness?)

Hopefully we get a couple of big signings in over the next 7 days......9 days until the Watford game!

Traore too likely still out?

Bailey isn't even in the country so he won't be available surely. Has he had a pre season with Leverkusen?

Traore and Sanson will be out too then.

Assuming Ings starts as he's probably had a full pre season