Tim Iroegbunam

useless

23 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Thought someone said it was 2 years. He joined in July 2021 according the start of this thread.

They have to be trained at the club for 2 years, Iroegbunam hasn’t because he was loaned out for a season

Edited by david-avfc
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Tim is classed as an under 21 player, homegrown under 21's don't need to be registered. 

Tim isn't classed as trained at Villa as he needs to be here more than 3 years. But he is homegrown as he has been trained in England.

For the PL he is an eligible u21 player so doesn’t need to be registered. I don’t think being homegrown / not homegrown makes any difference for u21 players for PL. 

In Europe the rules are different in that there’s an A squad list and a B squad list. A squad is for any senior player and includes the squad and homegrown restrictions which have been talked about to death, both at club and association (country) level. The B squad is for u21 players but is restricted to players who have been at the club (actually at the club and not loaned out) for 2 years  - which he does not qualify for.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Sounds like he's part of Unai's plans judging from his comments today. 

If we compare him to Duran there is no difference. Raw as hell but incredible natural attributes that can be allied to top class coaching.  Its his balance and ability to turn on a 6 pence that is the differentiator with him. Frightened me from the first time i saw him.  He could play back up to JJ this season before he gradually moves back to becoming a midfield monster. 

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Sounds like he's part of Unai's plans judging from his comments today. 

What were the comments? All I can find online is him saying he's injured and working alone.

Edited by Tom13

48 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

What were the comments? All I can find online is him saying he's injured and working alone.

He was saying he is happy with our midfield and name-dropped everyone in there including Tim, qualifying that with "when he comes back from injury". 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/09/2023 at 11:21, AV82 said:

Any word on Tim? With his ball carrying ability and Tielemans/Donk not up to scratch there's a real opportunity here!

He is back training with the squad. Confirmed by Unai on the OS. Albeit only a very small mention in the article. I reckon a few more weeks of training and he will be squad ready, assuming no more setbacks.

Squad Update pre Brighton

Álex Moreno and Tim Iroegbunam are making progress with their respective recoveries, but Emi Buendía and Tyrone Mings are long-term absentees.

Unai Emery provided a fitness update at Friday’s pre-match media conference.

“Of course, we’ve had injuries to Tyrone and Emiliano Buendía, then we’re having some more injuries and progressively they are coming back,” he said.

“Tim is coming back and training with us.

Edited by NeilS

Frustrating that the start of the season has been such a write-off for him, felt like the game tonight, Everton in the cup etc would have been great opportunities for him. Assuming this evening will be too soon for him to get any minutes, but encouraging that he's back in training all the same.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TRO said:

I don't know what his progress has been like....but at one time, I thought he was a bright prospect.

I like him alot. Hopefully he is coming back to fitness at a good time, to offset other injuries in squad 

Just unfortunate heissed out on Preseason, cups and Europe so far to get some time and confident - up to speed etc.

2 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

When do we expect him to get back from injury? I think we really need him soon, hopefully he can play with us here and there until January then we see wether to loan or keep him.

he's training with the first team currently, so cant be far off.

• Like 1

Well from what I've seen, he's decent at passing through the lines. Would be ideal to play over Dendoncker in some of these European group games we're expected to dominate, while still offering defensive qualities.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Well from what I've seen, he's decent at passing through the lines. Would be ideal to play over Dendoncker in some of these European group games we're expected to dominate, while still offering defensive qualities.

Is he registered with us in Europe?

Â