Tim Iroegbunam

useless

8 hours ago, useless said:

He's the same age as Barry, if he was to go on loan to the championship next season I doubt Chukwuemeka or any of our other youngsters would read anything negative into it, probably the opposite in fact, because if you're nineteen as Iroegbunam will be next season and already good enough to be wanted on loan by championship clubs, then you're doing very well and the club you are at has also done well with your development and to get you a loan to a level as high as the championship, if Chukwuemeka was to sign a contract, I'm sure he himself would be more than happy to go on loan to a championship team next season.

No shame in going to the champioship as a teenager, or even in early twenties, Mount, Abraham, Gallagher, Guehi, Skipp, Garner and others all done it, Archer doing it at the moment.

No there's no shame in it, but he's ready for the PL now. So what would be the point?

2 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

What's that a screenshot from?

1995-1996 Man Utd title winning team. Was just to show the average age of the midfield was 21 and a half. 

Edited by Steero113

9 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

1995-1996 Man Utd title winning team. Was just to show the average age of the midfield was 21 and a half. 

I know what it's a screenshot of, wondered what it was taken from. :)

55 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Anybody got a calculator?  ... edit apologies missed midfield

Edited by fruitvilla

On 24/04/2022 at 02:36, Tom13 said:

Btw his chant should be to the sound of Ebeneezer Goode...

Egbunam, Egbunam...

Iroegbunam

Egbunam, Egbunam...

Iroegbunam

As cool as a chant to that song would be, that isn't how his name is pronounced, or so I'm told.

Looks to be a quality player and I'll be annoyed if he doesn't start against Norwich. 

1 minute ago, MrBlack said:

As cool as a chant to that song would be, that isn't how his name is pronounced, or so I'm told.

Looks to be a quality player and I'll be annoyed if he doesn't start against Norwich. 

How do you pronounce it?

He looked good on Saturday. A relatively short cameo can be misleading, but that was a tight game, that we needed to see out, against a 'smart' midfield, and I thought we looked stronger when he came on.

Surely we have to start him on Saturday? We need a win, but the bigger picture is that he can play the next 6 games, and we'll know whether he is 1 of the "2 midfielders we need in the summer", or whether he will need that loan into the Championship next season.

Literally, he could save us £25m-£30m if he looks the part. 

We could also then rotate McGinn, Luiz and Ramsey (and Marv), as they are looking knackered, and we have a lot of games over the next few weeks. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

He looked good on Saturday. A relatively short cameo can be misleading, but that was a tight game, that we needed to see out, against a 'smart' midfield, and I thought we looked stronger when he came on.

Surely we have to start him on Saturday? We need a win, but the bigger picture is that he can play the next 6 games, and we'll know whether he is 1 of the "2 midfielders we need in the summer", or whether he will need that loan into the Championship next season.

Literally, he could save us £25m-£30m if he looks the part. 

We could also then rotate McGinn, Luiz and Ramsey (and Marv), as they are looking knackered, and we have a lot of games over the next few weeks. 

I'm always of the opinion that young players should never be relied on. Certainly not until they've played at least a season at the top level and a healthy number of appearances. 
We should be signing two new midfielders with the strategy being to allow Tim to work his way into the side rather than telling him he's starting next season alongside a new defensive midfielder. 

The club need to go out and sign two new defensive midfielders this Summer, relegating McGinn to a squad player and competing with Iroegbunam to get into the side.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I'm always of the opinion that young players should never be relied on. Certainly not until they've played at least a season at the top level and a healthy number of appearances. 
We should be signing two new midfielders with the strategy being to allow Tim to work his way into the side rather than telling him he's starting next season alongside a new defensive midfielder. 

The club need to go out and sign two new defensive midfielders this Summer, relegating McGinn to a squad player and competing with Iroegbunam to get into the side.

Yes, he looks very promising and I look forward to seeing more of his integration to the squad but at this stage in his career he’s not the answer to our prayers.  Hopefully some more minutes before this season ends, next season will be his true breakout season and he becomes a regular after that. I’m not against starting him against Norwich though, will be a good test for him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Nakamba as backup still, or just Tim? Agree that McGinn should be backup 8.

4 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Nakamba as backup still, or just Tim? Agree that McGinn should be backup 8.

If we were in Europe, then maybe both. To be honest, I’m against having too many players and a bloated squad. I’d be happy signing two defensive midfielders in the Summer and letting Luiz and Sanson go, along with maybe Nakamba too. 

We need a pathway to the team for our youngsters. They should be available should we get an injury, not if we get 2/3 injuries which in a specific position is always unlikely. You may as well loan him out if Nakamba is our back up for that role because his minutes will be so limited.

• Like 1

Â