Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

Amazing what happens when you throw your arm around a player instead of banishing him to the bench when he makes a couple mistakes. With a confident Leon we are going to see some absolutely jaw dropping stuff in the future. Every game he pulls off a move where I need slow motion replay just to figure out what he just did. 

• Like 3

This season he's gone from 

"Ffs Bailey!!" 90% of the time he was given the ball

To

Give it to Bailey !

it's becoming easy for him where before everything was a struggle.

Well done lad 👌🏼

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dodgyknees said:

Another Dean Smith era signing that has become super important to us. Martinez, Konsa, Luiz, Watkins, Bailey.

And Bruce for McGinn, Mings .

I did say as much as we hate to admit it, even some of our shitter owners and Managers played a part in us being where we are today.

Stars aligning type ish!

If there was no theme Park Tony... There would be no NSWE!

If there was no Gerrard, there probably wouldn't be a Kamara or Emery etc.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Adman said:

World class at moment.  Scares the **** out of everyone he plays 

Saw one passage of play where 4 players surrounded him and looked like they were panicking... None wanted to approach him first 😂.

Like one of those shit scenes in a Kong Fu movie where there are 500 " bad guys " and instead of swarming at the same time, they line up and run in one by one to get beaten up by Jason Statham 😂

• Haha 4

I've said ti before, he's a credit to himself. He's clearly put the work in now he can trust his body and his stop start injury issues (and being made play as a 10 under Gerrard) are behind him. 

• Like 1

I know it’s been said umpteen times but the turnaround is ridiculous.

Please let’s all give Diaby some leeway as well, he’ll come good in time.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I've said ti before, he's a credit to himself. He's clearly put the work in now he can trust his body and his stop start injury issues (and being made play as a 10 under Gerrard) are behind him. 

Works alot harder now as well in general.

• Like 1

It reflects extremely well on Emery, but also on Leon himself.

He's always been a very emotional player -- see Wolves last season -- you feel that he's matured and mastered that somewhat, and his true form we're seeing now is an incredibly talented player who turns up for the big moments and is in no way the hothead we occasionally feared for a couple seasons.

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Without bias... I can legit say I think the kid is on route to World Class if his trajectory continues.

Honestly I can’t tell you how much I love him 

One of the biggest "prove them doubters wrong" stories I have seen play out in a long time.... and I was one of the doubters, but I could not happier for him as you can see how much he wants to play well for us.

He is crucial in our bid for top 4!

• Like 1

Â