Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

5 hours ago, lexicon said:

We looked so much better in attack after he came on. He's full of confidence at the moment and the team just played better than with Zaniolo in it (who obviously has a lot on his plate right now and is trying a bit too hard). 

Guess Emery prefers him as a sub at this point in prem against tired defences but he really should be starting at Forest.

Zaniolo currently looks a step behind in our attack and too many attacks are breaking down with him taking silly shots or not making a pass so feels the right time to give him a breather especially with the off field stuff to conclude.

• Like 1

To me he now looks to be a player that is buying into what Unai wants. Seems to get his head up more and look to keep the ball moving rather than trying to take on 3 players and running down blind alleys. Hope he keeps it up. 

Small sample size tho so we will see.

• Like 1

Has he simply come to life, since his mate Moussa has arrived?

This is the Bailey, we thought we had bought.....Their interplay is so threatening and clinical.

He now looks sharp and purposeful, and miles away from the previous version...playing with conviction and will to win. He has found a bit of aggression in his play.

I hope he can keep this up, because he looks like he is really enjoying himself.

Headers 'n all.....crikey.

• Like 2

We might want him to start vs AZ again. Get that win and I'd say we are 9/10 of the way into the knockout stages. We'd need a win vs legia still but getting the result vs AZ would basically knock them out of contention with us for top spot. 

That being said it's 5 days after forest so he could probably play anyway. Though the Fulham turnaround would not be good for him I think

34 minutes ago, TRO said:

Has he simply come to life, since his mate Moussa has arrived?

This is the Bailey, we thought we had bought.....Their interplay is so threatening and clinical.

He now looks sharp and purposeful, and miles away from the previous version...playing with conviction and will to win. He has found a bit of aggression in his play.

I hope he can keep this up, because he looks like he is really enjoying himself.

Headers 'n all.....crikey.

Don't know why I picture Moussa being such a good bloke in general, him giving Leon motivational speeches and the " Remember who you are Leon and how we used to terrorise defences etc... You've got it in you mate , let's go ".

He just seems such a wholesome little guy lol

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Don't know why I picture Moussa being such a good bloke in general, him giving Leon motivational speeches and the " Remember who you are Leon and how we used to terrorise defences etc... You've got it in you mate , let's go ".

Its all about belief Shaun, and trusting yourself....It seems as though the little fella has sparked something off in him....its great to watch.

They look confident together.....long may it continue.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He does, and he seems genuine as well. Didn't try and hide that he was tempted by the Saudi offer, was just straight up about it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Not really sure why he was called offside for the goal that was disallowed

Because he was... 

The shit thing isn't that he was called offside it's that every week in the PL we see the offside rule get stupider and further away from common sense 

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Bailey grew aa game went on. Really needs to stop trykng tk take in 2 players though and pass the ball more as most times he loses the ball

Annoyingly, most of the time, he was 1 on 1, he then slows down to the point another player is then able to double up on him.

That's when he loses the ball the most.

Just take the player on instead of trying to cut it back to try and shoot all the time.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Because he was... 

The shit thing isn't that he was called offside it's that every week in the PL we see the offside rule get stupider and further away from common sense 

Well there have been loads of instances where he wouldn't have been called offside because he wasn't involved in that phase of play, and the defender deliberately played the ball which went in his direction.

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Bailey grew aa game went on. Really needs to stop trykng tk take in 2 players though and pass the ball more as most times he loses the ball

We need to get the ball to him quicker then. Bypass the RB from our Rcb to get him the ball on the move and he can take the full back in isolation. 

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

Well there have been loads of instances where he wouldn't have been called offside because he wasn't involved in that phase of play, and the defender deliberately played the ball which went in his direction.

Did he though? He touched the ball, the definition of playing the ball seems to change to suit what the ref gives, I take it as a shit back pass, if it wasn't a defender on the line that it hit it was the keeper that made a save would you say no offside because the keeper played the ball? Of course not 

I personally don't like either of those rules and how PGMOL use them

When the original header went in he was offside, if we score he's not interfering from there so no problem but when it lands at his feet he is - that's it, there's your rule

Â