Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

I thought he looked very lively and had an extra spark in his step, good actions from him throughout his cameo. The goal was well taken, it's not always easy to get that right at that speed although it could seem easy, good first little touch to control and then a controlled finish.

He blows hot and cold, yesterday was hot and that's encouraging.

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

And made eye contact with Johnstone while doing it.

Actually not, and no need for it, he did the right thing to focus on controlling the ball and hitting the net when Johnstone was overplayed. It was fast executed as well with the two touches, which was good as two defenders came flying in to block it.

• Like 1

I’m very very happy for him. Ive been an extremely vocal critic (probably too much but hey I’m a Villa fan so everyone and everything is universally awful all the time) but I’d be utterly thrilled if he’s turned a corner. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

This is what you call competition for places. Zaniolo may have started, but Leon came on and made a serious claim for that starting spot.

But we’ve been here before so, so often. He always seems to do well off the bench in home games. Then, when he starts, he’s usually rubbish - especially away from home.

Im all for him doing well here but this is par for the course I’m afraid. 

In home games he seems to be extremely effective, away games it's basically the opposite for whatever reason. It wouldn't be surprised if he was to start next week against Chelsea he'd probably drop a stinker. 

He's had a decent start to the season this season so hopefully it stays that way. Just keep him on the bench in away games and we're sorted. 

1 minute ago, Farlz said:

In home games he seems to be extremely effective, away games it's basically the opposite for whatever reason. It wouldn't be surprised if he was to start next week against Chelsea he'd probably drop a stinker. 

He's had a decent start to the season this season so hopefully it stays that way. Just keep him on the bench in away games and we're sorted. 

You think going to West London will give him extreme flatulence?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Very effective today.  I think he's always been decent enough at VP since Unai came in. 

Away from home seems to be more of an issue.  Actually has he ever scored for us in the league away from home?

Yeah at least once. I remember it, but can't remember who it was against. He scored early and we went on to lose if I remember right.

10 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Yeah at least once. I remember it, but can't remember who it was against. He scored early and we went on to lose if I remember right.

Palace under Gerrard. Lost 3-1, completely dismantled. If I remember, the goal was a route 1 punt. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tom13 said:

2 hours ago, DJBOB said:

Palace under Gerrard. Lost 3-1, completely dismantled. If I remember, the goal was a route 1 punt. 

That was Watkins! Bailey got a nice assist for him that day though. As far as I recall he hasn't scored a goal away from home in the PL (yet...hopefully). He scored at home to Everton in his first season, against City, Brentford, United and Leeds last season plus the two this time around.

• Shocked 1

12 minutes ago, Indigo said:

That was Watkins! Bailey got a nice assist for him that day though. As far as I recall he hasn't scored a goal away from home in the PL (yet...hopefully). He scored at home to Everton in his first season, against City, Brentford, United and Leeds last season plus the two this time around.

Oh wow you’re right. Looked up fbref and he’s only scored Bolton away in the league cup. 

Wild split. 

6 hours ago, Indigo said:

Ah fair enough! Must have been him assisting I was thinking of.

Â