Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

Just now, HalfTimePost said:

Keeper should've saved it I agree but I think it's harsh to say he's lucky and bang average as a result.

We're very slowly starting to see a useful player emerge. 3 Goals in 3 Games. Confidence will hopefully bring out the best of him and show why we spent £33m on him.

I think it was meant to be funny. 

I thought it was a well executed goal, a quick fire finish. Otherwise a bit anonymous so far, but we usually build up more on the left hand side so the RW don't need to be as involved as long as he contributes with goals!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Keeper should've saved it I agree but I think it's harsh to say he's lucky and bang average as a result.

We're very slowly starting to see a useful player emerge. 3 Goals in 3 Games. Confidence will hopefully bring out the best of him and show why we spent £33m on him.

It was a jibe at his critics tbf. 

1 hour ago, HalfTimePost said:

Nah that's well hard to get down at such close range. 

1 hour ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I think it was meant to be funny. 

I thought it was a well executed goal, a quick fire finish. Otherwise a bit anonymous so far, but we usually build up more on the left hand side so the RW don't need to be as involved as long as he contributes with goals!

He was anonymous until the goal - gave the impression of being  the footballing equivalent of a quality  bookmark.  But in fairness, all he needed to do is help us hold our shape,  give us width on the right, and spring into action  when needed, which he did. Disciplined and professional without setting the world alight

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

28 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Very good outing today. Took his goal well and set up three excellent chances for his teammates. 

I've avoided commenting as i know inevitably there will be an " It's only Hibernian ".

The other players who did well and are getting praise, were playing against different opposition though... lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, one_ian_taylor said:

He was anonymous until the goal - gave the impression of being  the footballing equivalent of a quality  bookmark.  But in fairness, all he needed to do is help us hold our shape,  give us width on the right, and spring into action  when needed, which he did. Disciplined and professional without setting the world alight

Yep agree, that was an assessment at half time, a disciplined performance and some good flashes of skill in the second.

3 minutes ago, one_ian_taylor said:

In fairness, in the earliest stages i forgot he was playing, however, i soon realised this had alot to do with the fact that the majority of our passes and attacks were going down the left side or centre left etc.

I think he did well when called upon.

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

In fairness, in the earliest stages i forgot he was playing, however, i soon realised this had alot to do with the fact that the majority of our passes and attacks were going down the left side or centre left etc.

I think he did well when called upon.

Yes, tracked back  well a couple of times  as well. 

Good play from Kellyman for the assist and then extremely beautiful play and finish from Bailey, DIaby already worth more than we paid for him but has probably made Bailey a better player and increased his value too.

Playing with a much more measured approach i think. Seems to be biding his time recently and happy to pass back instead of running like a headless chicken into a dead end. Work rate is decent. Slowly but surely working out what Unai wants him to do!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, lexicon said:

Let’s have it right Lexicon - even yourself as one of his staunchest supporters on VT - would have to agree, that his overall time in a Villa shirt has been pretty poor. The criticism has not been disproportionate to his performances, would you not agree this much?

Â